LGBT Parenting

How Often?

If you didn't get the BFP on your first insem, how often did you insem after that?

DW and I have been discussing what we will do and we are on opposing sides.  She would like to insem every other month or once every 3 months so that she doesn't have constant heartache.  I, on the other hand, want to do it every month until I get the BFP because I will feel like I could be missing my chance to get pregnant on a month we don't insem.

Re: How Often?

• 2brides2brides member

We did every month for a few months, but then had to take breaks for finances, emotional health, moving, etc.

I think we did 2 ICIs in a row, took 2 months off to move, did 2 unmedicated IUIs, took 7 months off to get my thyroid in check and get the HSG done and deal with some relationship issues, did 3 IUIs with Clomid, took 1 month off to wait for an RE appt and then did 2 injectible IUIs back to back.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Like 2Brides we did our IUI's every month, only taking breaks for cysts, finances and once for some emotional healing.

• Loading the player...
  • we did 3 iuis in a row.  I think we would have continued every month until we got at bfp
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • current plan is to try for 3 months in a row, then re-evaluate.  at that point we may choose to continue with the midwives, switch to an RE, or take a break.  its helpful to have an end date in sight but also a solid plan with a good number of tries.
  • we tried every time for 6 cycles. after that her insurance would have kicked in, but as it turned out we didn't need it. i have friends who tried every other month, and some folks i know had to take some pretty long breaks in there. it's stressful, you just have to figure out what's best for the two of you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"