Los Angeles Babies

Help a Seattle Bumpie-Things to do in LA with 2 yr old

My son and I are coming down from Seattle to visit my Dad and I am trying to think of a few things to have planned.  Is the Long Beach Aquarium worth the cost for a 2 year old?  I am sure we will do the zoo, looking for other ideas.  My Dad lives in Larchmont/Hancock Park. 

Thanks

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help a Seattle Bumpie-Things to do in LA with 2 yr old

• If your son likes marine life, then he'll love the LB Aquarium.  There's touch tanks he can stick his hands into to feel the different baby sharks and ameobas and things.  Plus huge glass tanks filled with all sorts of fun exotic fishes to watch.  I think he'd like it!

Are you not going to do the typical Disneyland route?  That is always an option, though it can definitely be pricey but kids love it there.  Universal Studios is closer to where you are going to be, but I don't think it's as kid-friendly.  Griffith Park is next to the zoo, and they have some stuff to do there, like a merry-go-round and a mini-railroad.... you might want to look into that since it's been a while since I was there :)

And there's nothing like a day at the beach!  I would avoid anything near Venice or the SM peir since there are some 'interesting' characters out there.    That's all I got right now... if I think of anything else I'll post again!

• You are going to have to hit Venice Beach and check out the freaks.  Then dine at Pizzeria Mozza (make reservation 30 days in advance) located on Melrose and Highland? Its a Mario Batalit restaurant.

Go to the Grove outdoor shopping center.  Reminds me of Ceasars Palace in LV with the dancing fountain and al fresco dining.  Also, try the fairs...Orange County or Los Angeles..I am not sure which one will be open when you are down.

Maybe Santa Monica promenade, which is a walk to the beach.  There is a little amusement park on the pier, beach access and of course shopping and live enteratinment.

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the ideas.. we are not doing Disney/Universal, I have been many times but want to wait until he is older and dh is with us. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would definetly recommend the aquarium. We took my two year old nephew yesterday and he LOVED it. He has been 4 or five times and is always telling people about it. You can sometimes find coupons online or get tickets from people on craiglist as it is kind of pricey.

My nephew also loves the Los Angeles zoo. Its relatively cheap and is good entertainment for the day.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"