Infertility
Options

warning do not take mucinex d...

So my nurse called me back and my blurry 'lines' I saw all day when I blinked were because the doctor (at the minute clinic) told me to take mucinex D to help the fluid in my ears and sinus infection.?Apparently?all decongestants mix badly with Clomid. Just thought you all should know so you can be careful! :)

Re: warning do not take mucinex d...

• Options
    bmp84bmp84 member
    I was told to take regular Mucinex during O time while on Clomid because it helps produce more fertile mucus since Clomid can cause hostile mucus...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yea the regular one is fine...its the D or decongestant one that is bad! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    bmp84bmp84 member
    D is for "duh" :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ooh, good to know. Thankfully I'm not on Clomid this cycle, otherwise this would be quite an interesting cold I'm suffering from! Ugh, make this cold go away!
    SAIF/PAIF absolutely ALWAYS welcome to respond!
  • Options
    Ah! Thanks for the PSA. I'm not on Clomid [yet], but my RE hinted that it's probably coming. This is very useful information, indeed.
  • Options
    I got AF during an awful upper respiratory infection, both my GP and O/B (whom I saw on concecutive days) said that it was fine to take the mucinex d while on clomid.  I guess I will find out in about 2 weeks!
  • Options

Dextromethorphan (the "D" part) would cause some drying of the cervical mucous, which could be bad, but there wouldn't be a direct drug/drug reaction.

Plain mucinex would definitely be better, unless you're doing IUI (in which case you bypass the cervical mucus.)

• Options
    Yea its not shown as a drug interaction, but Clomid can dehydrate you and so does the mucinex D. The nurse said for some people when those combine and you are sick it can cause the blurry lines in your vision and fainting. It's not a true 'interaction' just a s/e.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"