LGBT Parenting

*sigh* my MIL begins already

So I went to Carol's softball game last night and sat with my MIL. We were talking about this upcomming weekend and I was telling her I didn't really want family coming by to see Annie until Monday, I want a couple of days at home with her first with just us. She said to me, well I was thinking I could take the baby for you on Saturday so you two could go out for your birthday. Ummmm. No. I will only be getting out of the hospital on Friday so I don't think we are going out on Saturday. Then she said, well Monday I will take her and you two can go out. I told her we couldn't be gone because I will be breastfeeding and we cant just leave her. ( thought this would be a good excuse) She told me I should just pump and leave her with bottles. Again ummm no. I told her the lactation consultant said no pumping until the third week and I was told she doesn't know anything, I should just do what MIL tells me too because she had 5 kids and they are all fine.

*sigh*

This is going to be so not fun.

Thanks for letting me vent.

~Kennedy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: *sigh* my MIL begins already

• 2brides2brides member
    UGH. I am sorry it is going to be so hard. Sad
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • wow...a little crazy...she must really be excited to be a grandma.  let her know that you are very excited for her to take the baby when Annie is a little older and perhaps make a firm time for her to come over to the house on Monday. Perhaps you could ask her to do something else like make a dinner or something.  She sounds like she needs something to do.  Hopefully she will chill out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh my. SSG had a good idea, make her feel useful without having to leave Annie. You can send her here, I could use some help LOL!

Do you have any of our cell phone numbers? Perhaps Scoopy or MIL can text when Annie has arrived and we can update the board? I can send you mine if you like.

• Oh no!  SSG has the right idea here - this woman needs to be redirected Smile  If you don't like what she's offering to do - give her something else to do.  Let her know that while you really appreciate her offer to _________, you just _______________  (In this case: don't want to leave the baby so soon or have to worry about learning to pump when you are just getting used to breast feeding), but you would LOVE if she would __________ instead - that would be a huge help and so much appreciated.

That could work!  Good luck!!  She sounds very persistant!  If she won't let up, Carol may have to intervene!

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • ugh! I'm sorry.  I'm so not looking forward to MIL telling me she knows best, which I know she will.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • so fustrating! but pp's gave good advice. this might come down to a battle that Carol will have to take.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"