Success after IF

I HATE American Airlines--VENT!!!

So, the OB doesn't want me to travel at this point, so I have a doctor's note that I can't travel.

They won't let me cancel and took $150 for each ticket and we have to use the $91.90 for each ticket before Jan. 2nd or we are out the full ticket price. Yeah, I can see that happening. I am pregnant with twins, due in Oct. I don't think I will be traveling before Jan 2nd.

Now thanks to pregnancy hormones I am crying. We could really use the $500 to go towards baby stuff, _ASSHOLES!!!

Anyone work for american airlines that can help me out=(

::stepping off soapbox:::

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Savannah
image.
Callista
Baby Trail Blog
"Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: I HATE American Airlines--VENT!!!

• marcuejmarcuej member
    That is total crap! I used to work in the airline industry (customer service manager for reservations) and I know for a fact they can waive all of those fees.  If I were you, I'd call back and ask to speak with a manager.  I swear, it all depends on whether you get a douchebag on the phone or not.  Some will waive, others won't.  If nothing else, go to your local ticket counter and hash it out with them.  They'll more than likely waive the fees for you in person.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I did ask to speak to a supervisor=( She was the one that made me cry!!!

Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
  • Loading the player...
  • That is ridiculous!  Can you call your credit card company and see if they'll cancel the charges?  If you used AMEX, they most likely will.
  • I used a visa, I guess I could try that too. I didn't think about that.

Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
  • marcuejmarcuej member
    There are usually several different supervisors on duty at any given period.  You can call back and try a different supervisor or go directly to the front desk . They are notorious for waiving service fees.  You'll most likely just end up with credit that you will have to use on another trip within 1 calendar year. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks, I will have my husband call later. I can't do it, I am too emotional. I am already upset about having to cancel the trip. I really wanted to go.

Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
  • Keep calling back until you get someone to waive those fees, that is ridiculous. The airline I worked for used to waive them all the time, and I know others do to. If you have to you haul your pg belly (yep stick it out more) down to a customer service counter at the airport and you play it up for all it is worth. I did that for some car repair BS that I was dealing with last spring.
  • trinnytrinny member
    That is BS!!! I thought you were going to complain about their policy of charging $15 per bag for the FIRST checked bag!  I hate them too.
  • Two phone numbers for reaching American Airlines Executive Customer Service when normal customer service fails.

Antoinette Kaade on 514-636-3654
    Ioanna Tsontakis on 514-636-3666

Give these a try.... 

2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I would call back and ask to speak with a supervisor. ?They can waive the fees if you have a medical reason why you cannot fly. ?My mom was hospitalized once and had no problems at all when she actually called the airline. ?Don't back down and if you hormones are getting in the way and getting you too upset, make DH call.
  • Call back and speak to a manager. They should waive the fee with a doctor's note. It would be a liability for them if you did try to fly. The airline would loose huge $$ if they had to divert or make an emergency landing. You're doing them a favor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"