Birth Stories

Bradley method + me = fail

I lost mucous plug the morning of May 6th. I was bit uncomfortable and grouchy but I felt the same I had the day before. The next morning at 4:40 am I had my bloody show. I felt ok and hadn't had any contractions. I had time to Google how long, on average, labor starts after the bloody show. I started contracting at 5 am. Contractions immediately started at 5 mins apart and 1 min long. I cleaned the bathroom and finally called Dh at work around 6:30 am to let him know that he should start making plans for someone to take over his shifts at work. Dh rushed home even though I was pretty confident we had HOURS, maybe even a day before we have to go to the hospital. I walked around the house and bounced on a ball between contractions.

At 9 am I was still spotting so we called my Dr. to find out if it was normal to have so much bloody show. Right about that time, I had three contractions that were 3 mins. apart and 1 min. long. The Dr. recommended going to the hospital to be checked.

We arrived at the hospital at 9:20 am where they prepared to do a non-stress test and time my contractions. As I walked to the examining table, my water broke. Turns out I was already 3 cm dilated and would not be leaving the hospital. My contractions were nearly on top of eachother and extremely painful. Focusing beyond the pain was nearly impossible. I have to admit that I was pretty pathetic. Every time I tried to deep breath I ended up involutarily pushing with the contractions. 

I had planned on going natural but I was having a hard time controlling my contractions. I asked for an epidural in the hopes that it would slow down my labor. Finally, at 11 am, all of the paperwork for the epidural was complete and they began to prep me for an IV. I began to have contractions that made me feel like I had to poop so the nurse checked me again. I was at 8 cm and the epidural was not going to happen. At 12 pm, I was completely dilated. I still was unable to control my contractions and had been involuntarily pushing with them my entire labor. Finally, the nurse let me push. The baby's head was out before the Dr. could even get in the room. At 12:33, Chase was born. He was 7 lbs. 11 oz. and 21 inches long.

<Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers>

Re: Bradley method + me = fail

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"