Infertility
Options

Anyone have a balloon put in after a hysteroscopy???

Anyone???

How long did you bleed after the hysteroscopy?

What did it feel like to have the balloon removed? How painful was it?

Did you bleed a lot after the removal??

Thanks in advance :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers M: 31 DH: 34 Dx: PCOS, Endo, Uterine Septum Ovarian Wedge Resection - May 2009 BFP #1 - October 2009 = DS BFP #2 - June 2011 = DD (Total Surprise!) Tree nut allergy in DS diagnosed 4/2012. Currently working with EI for SPD and possible ASD.

Re: Anyone have a balloon put in after a hysteroscopy???

• Options
    Sorry I'm no help, but I'm having a hysteroscopy in 2 weeks...why did you have a balloon put in?? Just curious :) I hope your recovery goes smoothly and you have no more pain or bleeding very soon!
    We are adopting! Currently waiting for our domestic infant adoption match.

My blog: Making Me Mom

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • Options

I did about a month ago...I bleed for about 3-4 days after the procedure..i was very uncomfortable for those first 3 days after the surgery...my RE told me to take mortin but next time i am asking for pain meds b/c i was very sore..i may have been sore b/c they cut out so much scar tissue..

The ballon was suppose to come out on a Monday but actually fell out the Saturday before..it had started leaking on Friday..my Re said it was ok that it came out...it fell out while i was using the bathroom and didn't hurt one bit (i was scared about that too) I didn't bleed after the balloon came out either

Hillaree- my balloon was put in b/c i have severe ashermans...once they cut away a lot of the scar tissue they dont want it to readhere to itself so that is why they put the balloon in me..to keep the walls seperated..

Looks like i am headed for Hysteroscope #2 this week..my nurse seems to think my period was too light this month...i am waiting for my Re to call me back and let me know what he thinks

GL to you!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a hysteroscopy back in December to remove a septum and my RE placed a balloon afterward.  My understanding was that it should help prevent any scarring in the uterus while you are healing. Mine was in place for about 3 days and then he removed it - it was an in office procedure.  Before it was removed the nurse warned me it could be pretty painful, her analogy was pulling a band aid off a wound - but it didn't hurt me at all.  I think I was really lucky.  My RE was good - b/c he told me he would count to three and wanted me to cough loudly.  Then it was all done - I didn't feel a thing.  I did bleed a lot after the hysteroscopy - maybe 5/6 days total ?- the volume really surprised me - but it didn't hurt at all.  Overall the hysteroscopy wasn't bad at all - the anxiety leading up to it was the hardest part.        
  • Options

I highly recommend the yahoo group in my siggies.  Theres tons and tons of info on your type of anamoly. 

From what I've read, lots of girls have and a balloon used. It's not terrible, however its obviously not as easy as without the balloon.

I did not have a balloon for my surgery last year.

Good luck!!

• Options

Thanks ladies!! I've had the balloon in now 6 days.. its getting taken out tomorrow. ?I wouldn't say its painful, but I feel very bloated and full (and look like I have a baby bump).

I'm still bleeding too, not really bad. ?More like spotting (mostly on tissue when I wipe) and the worst of it I'd say would be like a light to med flow. ?But the RE said it was normal for up to a week or slightly longer.

I've been able to go to work the past two days so as I said the pain is really not that bad. ?I'm just nervous about the balloon coming back out through a closed cervix (my loopy head didn't think about asking about that after I woke up from surgery when they dropped the bomb that I had a balloon) And I'd assume it would cause more bleeding. ?My periods are NEVER more than 3-4 days long and I am ready for this bleeding to get done so I can BD again in hopes I may ovulate as early as 2 weeks post op!?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers M: 31 DH: 34 Dx: PCOS, Endo, Uterine Septum Ovarian Wedge Resection - May 2009 BFP #1 - October 2009 = DS BFP #2 - June 2011 = DD (Total Surprise!) Tree nut allergy in DS diagnosed 4/2012. Currently working with EI for SPD and possible ASD.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"