Detroit Babies

2 month old- shots and sleeping

My son is 10 weeks old and had his first immunization shots last Monday. He normally and up until two days ago had only slept about 4 hours a night, now he is starting to sleep 7 hours a night. Although I am estatic that he is sleeping through the night, I am worried it might be a side effect from the shots? Is this something I should be worried about?

Michelle

Re: 2 month old- shots and sleeping

• It could be a reaction to the shots but I would think that the sleepiness would have only lasted a couple days.  He just may be ready to sleep longer stretches or he could be growing.  Either way, enjoy it, it will most likely change just when you least expect it too.
  • It's probably not a reaction to the shots- it seems like if they have a reaction, it's within a day or two.  Babies sleep patterns just change that quickly.  DS pretty much did the same thing- he went from getting up at night to just sleeping all night.  That being said, remember it goes both ways, so don't be surprised if he sleeps great and then suddenly starts getting up.  It's like they almost taunt us...they show us they know how to sleep all night, but then they don't want us getting too comfortable and come to expect it  :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Same exact thing happened with my son.  I'm enjoying the extra sleep and expecting it to change any day Smile
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"