Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

I need Cosco Scenera install help (Honda CRV)

MIL just got a new CRV w/leather seats and I can't get the Latch straps on the Scenera tight enough. The seat slid back and forth at least 4". I was trying to show FIL how to put it in and when I saw how much it slid back and forth, he didn't understand why I was so concerned.

It's now bothering me and i'm worried that they'll just click it in and not tighten it enough. When they took her out in the infant seat I always installed the base for them but that was alot easier to get in and out and maneuver (that was in a Jeep Liberty but also w/leather seats).

Should we try the seatbelt install instead?  I can't imagine that there's something i'm doing wrong... Should I have tried the seat on the other side of the car? (this was on the passenger side).... I was standing in there with my entire body weight and all of my might pushing on the seat and it would just not tighten...

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I need Cosco Scenera install help (Honda CRV)

• Options

are you installing it in the center of the back seat? If so, is LATCH use allowed back there? It may not be. Try installing it with the seat belt, you may get a better fit.

LATCH is not any safer than using the seat belt, as long it's properly installed with whichever system you choose to use. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ajanesajanes member

First are you using a pool noodle?  I've heard a lot of people need a noodle to help with a Scenera install. Post your question on this site

https://car-seat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19

This is an installation forum on a great site.  They can help you.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    i installed the scenera in ILs CRV last weekend.  i just put it on the passenger side using the seatbelt bc that latch is such a PITA and i couldn't find the center seatbelt (i think it was stuck under the seat or something -- i have no idea).  i just tightened the seatbelt and didn't have a problem...
  • Options
    imageajanes:

First are you using a pool noodle?  I've heard a lot of people need a noodle to help with a Scenera install. Post your question on this site

https://car-seat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19

This is an installation forum on a great site.  They can help you.

I did suggest to him to try and roll a towel under the front of it but I dont know if they did it yet. I'm going to check it this weekend and see if there's anything I can do for it....

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

the towel or pool noodle will not help get it more secure, it should only help keep the correct recline and that's it.

You sound like you're having the same issue we had with the seat when DH was trying to use the center seat with LATCH, only he was using one LATCH hook from each side, and LATCH was not approved for the center. 

I have my LATCH manual in the car. I'll bring it inside with me when we get home from Kennedy's well visit, and I'll look at what it says about the CRV's LATCH system. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"