2nd Trimester
Options

Question for those with Graco strollers...

So, we bought this Evenflo stroller a couple months ago:

THEN, I saw this stroller by Graco. It's the Graco "Rittenhouse" Quattro Tour:

Now, I have a slight obsession with damask so I really want to take back the Evenflo stroller (still in box & have the receipts) and get this Graco...HOWEVER, I'm not sure if I should get the "Quattro Tour" or the "Metrolite". The Quattro Tour costs quite a bit more than the Metrolite so I was just wondering everyone's experiences or differences between the 2.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker ashley jordan est. 06.07.08 | siesta key, fl

Re: Question for those with Graco strollers...

• Options

The Graco Quattro Tour holds a child up to 50 lbs whereas the Graco MetroLite only holds a child up to 40 lbs.

I have the Quattro Tour (in the Zurich pattern) and love it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMidwestTexan:

The Graco Quattro Tour holds a child up to 50 lbs whereas the Graco MetroLite only holds a child up to 40 lbs.

I have the Quattro Tour (in the Zurich pattern) and love it!

It doesn't come as a travel system, right? Just the Metrolite does? How is it size-wise, fold up pretty easily?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Since we're on the Graco subject. Has anyone seen this new one??

image I think I might have to return mine...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I have the Metrolite in the old Sterling pattern and I love it.  I don't think I would want anything heavier or bulkier.

• Options
    imageSpring_07:

Since we're on the Graco subject. Has anyone seen this new one??

image I think I might have to return mine...

I think I saw that one at the Baby Depot by me -- super cute!

• Options
    Is baby depot inside Burlington Coat Factory? Also, LOVE LOVE LOVE your babies name Sophia Reese!!! :) Super Cute. Before we found out we were having a boy, everyone around us thought we were having a girl (not that you can really tell), but we were going to name her Sophia, love the name :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We're getting the quatro tour. I tried out the metrolite but hated it because I felt that it was too light. The quatro tour is much sturdier.
  • Options

imageSpring_07:
    Is baby depot inside Burlington Coat Factory? Also, LOVE LOVE LOVE your babies name Sophia Reese!!! :) Super Cute. Before we found out we were having a boy, everyone around us thought we were having a girl (not that you can really tell), but we were going to name her Sophia, love the name :)

Thanks!

Yep, it's inside Burlington...I hear some of them can be pretty nasty but the one by me is actually really nice. Might check it out to see if they have it!

• Options

My experience with my Metrolite was that it was lightweight enough to fold and lift with one hand when I needed to pick up the baby in one arm.  It's basket at the bottom was big enough, the handle was adjustable which was critical for me as I am really short.....and it lasted through #1 and I will use it for #2.  It had a snack tray which was terrific and I had no complaints...it was easy to maneuver and not bulky at all.

Many people who had the quattro tour found it heavier and bulkier and once they could, they used a second stroller, either an umbrella or bought a lighter one to use on an everyday basis.  It took up more trunk space and seemed to be more cumbersome in general.  There is really no reason to need a heavy stroller....you have to lift it MANY times and it isn't worth a heavier weight....the better ones are actually lighter.

Just my 2 cents.

Jill * Married to Steven 11/9/03 * DS Samuel 4/4/05* DS #2 Jeffrey 6/13/2009
  • Options
    We had the quatro tour with DS, and at that time we were able to buy it in the travel system.  I'm not sure what everyone else does but we really didn't use this stroller for very long.  My DS was large and quickly grew out of the infant seat.  I think around 6 months we had to move on to the convertable car seat.  Once he did, we moved on to a jogger stroller and a REALLY nice umbrella stroller that reclined and was more portable.

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
  • Options
    Oh and to actually answer your question (duh!), I was pleased with the quattro.  We never had any problems with it.  It fit in our car easily, wasn't overly heavy to lift, and was easy to fold and collapse.  I would definitely try it out for yourself at a store though before you buy.

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
  • Options
    im obsessed with the rittenhouse i love it!! def getting that one!
    image 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"