Cincinnati Babies
Options

Crockpot cooking ?

If you put ground beef in the crock pot raw, how long should it take to cook?  I'm going to do some Cincy style chili for dinner tonight, but might take the girls out for a while this afternoon, so I'll need the help of my crockpot!

~Amanda
Mom to Lily Gayle 4.25.06 Charlotte Kathleen 3.27.09 Samuel Thomas ~8.4.12~
Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Crockpot cooking ?

• Options
    I haven't made chili in the crockpot before, but I would just make it the same way as on the stove. Mix all ingredients together and put on low and cook all day. If you get home and notice the meat isn't cooking the way you hoped it would and your planning on eating soon I would turn it on high to finish it up. Chili sounds really good right now!!
  • Options

To be honest, I don't think (and I could be wrong!) it's recommended to put uncooked ground beef in the crockpot... there would be no way to drain the fat and juices that come off of it...

Whenever I make chili in the crockpot I brown the beef on the stovetop, drain then transfer to the crockpot. Add all the other ingredients and cook on high for 2-3 hours.

GL

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageTraycee1242:

To be honest, I don't think (and I could be wrong!) it's recommended to put uncooked ground beef in the crockpot... there would be no way to drain the fat and juices that come off of it...

Whenever I make chili in the crockpot I brown the beef on the stovetop, drain then transfer to the crockpot. Add all the other ingredients and cook on high for 2-3 hours.

GL

Yeah, I thought about that too and the directions on the chili packet actually say not to brown the meat and drain it before combining the seasonings and water - it says to use lean beef.  Oh well...I put it in on high around 12:30.  Hopefully it will turn out ok! Stick out tongue

~Amanda
    Mom to Lily Gayle 4.25.06 Charlotte Kathleen 3.27.09 Samuel Thomas ~8.4.12~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"