1st Trimester
Options

For those who thought AF was coming...

Hi ladies, popping in from GP again...I am in 2ww and obsessing of course...I am 12dpo, but holding out on testing...My question to you is, so many of you in previous posts have said that in your BFP cycle you could have sworn AF was coming...now was that because you physically felt like it was? Was it just like pre AF feeling?? I feel like AF is coming, but I am trying to keep hope...will probably test tomorrow if I don't start spotting...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: For those who thought AF was coming...

• Options

It feels like PMS. The only difference was my intense need for corn tortillas and butter.

I POAS early and I don't regret it. Go ahead and POAS. If you wait 4 hours or more it is considered the same (according to the directions on most sticks) as first morning urine.  

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    i thought i got af.... i spotted for 3 days, decided to stop temping and a week later didnt feel well so i took my temp and i was still above my coverline... i took a test and bfp.  i know it REALLY hard, but i ttc for a year and literally the min i gave up - i was ku. good luck to u
    NestBaby Trying to Conceive Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's exactly what it felt like! ?You might get a BFP!! ?Good luck... ?:)
  • Options
    Felt like normal AF coming however I was crying over everything which again I thought was just a severe case of PMS
  • Options

And a tip: PIAC so if theres some issue with your test you won't have to wait.

And yes, I swore AF was coming because I had cramps.

• Options
    MrsMAFMrsMAF member
    imageHeather1979:

And a tip: PIAC so if theres some issue with your test you won't have to wait.

And yes, I swore AF was coming because I had cramps.

Thanks, yes I will do that since I have had issues with my OPK's ....

• Options
    I had been TTC for years when I got this BFP and I was sure that since I was so attuned to my body that I would know if something was different once I was pregnant... Well I have known for 2 weeks now and I still feel like the none pregnant me I had been many times before.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options

My body has put me through every single thing it could in regards to my period, but this time was different, and I knew it was different. I could actually tell that even though it felt like AF was minutes away (I even would run to the bathroom regularly swearing that I started) it never came. Some people know, some people feel the same! It just depends.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    http://i41.tinypic.com/111ov4j.jpg
    2007-Sept 2008: TTC the old fashioned way
    Sept 2008 - Jan 2009: Clomid 100mg
    Feb 2009: 200mg Clomid = BFP! on March 20, 2009 - It's a BOY!
    Nov 26th 2009: Aidan Michael, 20.5" 7lb12oz
    Feb 2010: Start TTC again, the old fashioned way
    Mar - June 2011: Clomid 100mg
    July 2011: Unmedicated cycle = BFP! on August 29th, 2011
    Nov 6th 2011: m/c due to subchorionic hematoma
    Dec 2011: Start TTC again, unmedicated
    February 12th, 2012: BFP! EDD 10/23/12
    Mar 12th 2012: diagnosed as blighted ovum
    Trying again..
  • Options

Yep, I felt exactly like I had normal PMS.  I would have had no way of know I was KU without a BFP.

Good luck!

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    Yep, definitely felt just like PMS. The cramping hit a week earlier than expected, so I was a little suspicious. I started researching and reading that so many others experienced this in early pregnancy, so I tested, and BFP!
  • Options
    I thought for sure that I was getting AF that month.  I had the same exact cramping that I get before hand, but it never showed.  So I took a test and it was positive!  GL!
  • Options

i had no signs of AF this cycle, it was the main reason i wanted to test. 

just remember that everyone is different.

• Options
    I had zero AF symptoms so that's what made me think I was pregnant.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I really thought AF was coming because I miscarried on March 21st and hadn't had a period since...I thought she was finally coming because I kept crying, my boobs were sore, and I had my normal cramping and back pain...but she never came and we found out we were pregnant again! Just praying everything works out this time.
  • Options
    I was having some cramping but, they felt a little different that my normal AF cramps + had a very sore chest. 
    the boymom is expecting a girl!
    big brothers 12.2009 and 02.2012
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I felt like I was going to start my period any minute for a couple of weeks, even after my BFP. I had mild cramps, some low back pain, and I was bloated (very bloated), but I had some added symptoms which made me question if it was more than just AF coming. I was exhausted, taking a two hour nap everyday, and my appetite had increased. I think i tested at about 17 dpo and got my BFP. Good luck to you, i hope you get your BFP this cycle!!!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPhotobucket
  • Options

Eh, I knew things were different.  My breasts were tender after the point they usually ease up, I was a lot more tired than usual, and this time I had pretty severe nausea, even vomitting, which was unsual.  And the cramps I've been having felt different from my normal AF cramps - which are usually dull and achey and consistent.  Instead, these were more rumbly and a little sharp and come and go.

And I wasn't as weepy or irritable as I usually am 2 days before my period was due.  And my temps were up.

But other than that - not looking at a chart, just feeling - even after my positive, there were things that felt just like AF - bloating, heaviness and an excess of cm that felt like the beginning.  I kept expecting to see spotting everytime I went to the bathroom.  In that sense, it felt very much like AF.

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

• Options

I had cramping that started a few days after ovulation that never went away so I thought for sure AF was coming. The only reason I even tested was because I was 12 DPO and my temps. were still up. Sure enough, I got my BFP that day.

• Options
    I knew it wasn't AF because I was having cramping. I never get cramps! So I POAS at 11 dpo. and got my BFP! Go for it...put your mind at ease. GL!?
  • Options
    I was hoping we were pg, but the symptoms for me were the same, bloating, sore breasts, moodiness and fatigue. I actually remember joking with DH that these could be signs I was pg, or that AF was coming. He said, those are the options, right?
  • Options

I actually took the test Monday because I felt off and not at all how I normally feel the week of my period.

What's weird is that NOW (four weeks pregnant) I totally feel PMS-y and crampy. I think it's really individual.

I'd probably go ahead and test now--at 12 dpo, most of the more sensitive tests should work.

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    MrsMAFMrsMAF member

Thanks everyone for your responses!!! I hope this cycle is my BFP, and if it is, you will be hearing from me again shortly!!

Best of luck to all of you....hope to talk to you more often soon!

• Options
    I had PMS like symptoms and started bleeding so i thought my period had started.  When my RE ddi an ultrasound for my next IUI prep he thought I might be PG and my bloodtest confirmed it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"