Pregnant after 35
Options

Worried...

Hello all,

I'm new to this and this is my first post.  I wanted to know if anyone else was told that their baby's head was measuring small.  After my anatomy ultrasound, I was told that my baby's head was in the 5th percentile.  I met with the genetics counselor, and was told about all of the possible causes, including the fact that my DH's head (in his opinion, and my OBGYN's) is small.  He told me the cause could just be genetic for this reason.  I felt better after talking to him and turned down the amniocentesis.  I go for another ultrasound on May 15.  I still worry about it, though, and wonder if anyone out there knows anything about this.  Oh, BTW, I am 35, 1st pregnancy, due 8/30 and am 22 wks. along.

Thanks 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Worried...

• Options
    I don't have any information for you.... I just wanted to say good luck on your May 15th u/s.  I hope it eases your mind more.  Until then, try not to worry too much about anything being wrong. 
    PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Hi Richelle,

I'm sorry you're worried and wish I had something helpful to say. But if the doctor feels it could just be due to your husband also having a smaller head, it could very well be that. I hope that your next ultrasound helps ease your fears.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    iluvtomiluvtom member
    I feel bad that you are going through this, I wish I knew what that could mean? Can  they do any additional testing besides an amnio? What could a small head mean medically? I am praying that you and your baby are fine and welcome to our board. Also, I would seek a second opinion just to make the best decision. Good luck
  • Options
    It must be so stressful hearing that anything about your baby is questionable. A inherited small head from your DH though sounds reasonable. I hope that's all it is and you get great news on the 15th. I wish I had some advice but I want o wish you good luck.
  • Options
    could be something hereditary...hopefully your next u/s will ease your fears, I love the name you've chosen for your son "Caleb", dh didn't agree so we went with Nathaniel. 
  • Options
    I just wanted to welcome you to the boards and tell you that I hope you good news at your next u/s. I would focus on what your doctor said about the baby taking after dad. I know it's hard - OK, impossible - but try not to worry.
  • Options
    I hope it just turns out to be small because your husband's head is small!  Also, maybe that means your delivery will be a mite easier?
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

I had a friend with a similar situation but it was due to their son's head being overly large. They monitored him closely in utero and ran a battery of tests up until he was about one. And, turns out, he just has a big head.

I can understand your concern. I wish we could fast forward to your appt on 5/15. Big Smile  Hopefully the results of that appointment will ease your concern! Please keep us posted.

Kari

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"