1st Trimester
Options

subway?

I totally craved & gave in today & went to Subway. I know your not supposed to have deli meat. SO there were 89 other people in line too - my turn comes & I tell the girl to put the turkey on a piece of paper & put it in the microwave for 20 seconds. haha she looked at me like I was nuts. Well she puts it in the for like 7 seconds & I tell her nicely to please put it back for another 20 seconds.....oh it was so funny. I'm sure other people thought I was crazy = )

Re: subway?

• Options

Deli meat is fine to eat if it is stored properly and in moderation. You want to be careful of meat that sits out at room temperature and or outside on a buffet or something because of the bacteria that can build on it in those situations.

Your choice though. :-) I'm sure they've heard stranger requests then yours. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Options

I don't trust deli meat either. I know too many of the kids who work behind the counter as most of them dropped out of my HS.

I like doing the chicken breast even though it is a little like reconstituted chicken. They heat it for a good long time and it is better tasting than lunch meat in my opinion.  

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    FYI - Subway microwaves aren't the same as home microwaves...they cook faster, so you were probably okay at 7 seconds. ;)
  • Options

I had subway for dinner, actually I eat it about twice a week.  I always get the seafood or the tuna.  Everything in moderation. I refuse to wrap myself in bubble wrap just because I am pregnant.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    htomeohtomeo member
    Yes, I am sure they do think you are crazy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    you can eat deli meat! am I the only one ready to move on to 2nd tri? this is killing me
  • Options
    No, I'm with you newport. I might make the jump soon...getting tired of the SSDD around here!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Options
    I worked at Subway for 5 years...don't worry, crazier things have happened! Also, you can consider getting your sub toasted if they still do that!...mmm, its crispy and warm. delicous! now i want subway, and the closest one to me is a 45 minute subway ride away...thanks! lol
  • Options

I was at a conference and asked if the goat's cheese was pasturized or not.  Luckily the catering staff didn't seem to mind and called down to the kitchen to check.  It was om nom tastic!

?Transatlantic Blonde?
    it's called a kilt, he's scottish
  • Options

Eat the meat....

Just don't go crazy and order triple meat or something!Big Smile Remember moderation.

• Options
    my dr. told me that subway is perfectly fine to eat. he said don't buy something out the back of a van but sandwich shops have guidelines to follow. of course i went wednesday and found out yesterday that the subway i went to has a mice problem. Great!
  • Options
    Like my OB says, just eat it... Its the same risk whether you are pregnant or not.  DELI MEAT IS COOKED MEAT, THEY CAN'T SERVE RAW MEAT AT A DELI...it's totally different than if you are eating spoiled meat or raw meat!!!
  • Options

I worked at Subway for 3 years, and I never got sick eating there, (I ate there almost everyday too, lol, it was free Wink) But like pp said before, the meat is cooked, and if you want reassurance get it toasted or just do what you did. I had numerous people that just wanted their meat heated up and nothing else. I'm sure everyone else at Subway has seen and done weirder things.

now I want Subway...lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"