Success after IF
Options

XP: Concerned about NST today**Advise Please**

?? ?I had my twice weekly NST today and neither girls really reacted, but she doesn't have a buzzer to buzz them. So we just have to wait and see if they move enough to get the heart rates up. The concern I had was that baby "B" her h/b went down 3 times during the duration from 140's to 120 and stayed for a min or so. They also did a BPP and they scored 8/8 within like 5 or 10 mins. My doctor looked at it and wasn't concerned. Am I just overreacting? Has anyone else had this? My girls are fraternal if that matters.Thanks!!!Melissa :)?

Re: XP: Concerned about NST today**Advise Please**

• Options

There is actually some controversy with NSTs cause babies have sleep wake cycles, just like we do, and if your NST is during a sleep cycle, sometimes even a buzzer won't help (Never did a thing for E!)

the BPP is much more important, that is why they did it! THey scored perfectly and I think you are concerned because of the heartbeats. But maybe the tech had her baselines too high, babies were snoozing, whatever, but if they did 8/8 in 10 min (E took FOREVER!) they are doing great in there!
    Keep it up, Mama!

2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I'm guessing that everything is fine.  Being at the hospital on bedrest for over 8 weeks, I had a LOT of monitoring of the babies' heartbeats.  There were times that my baby b dropped, too (and in my case, it was sometimes closer to 100), and the doctors weren't overly concerned as long as it picked back up.  I guess that their concern is that they don't want to see the heart rate drop when the baby is moving.  One of the nurses explained it this way - If you are laying still and then jump up to go to the bathroom (or whatever), your heartrate should increase.  If it was to decrease with activity, then there would be a concern.

I think they're looking more at the overall picture rather than bits and pieces.  It sounds like everything is good with you, and I'm glad you had a good BPP, too!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The BPP is far nmore important, so it sounds like you are doing fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yep, BPP beats NST in terms of telling you how everybody's doing - sounds like you're doing great!
    Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"