Multiples

Concerned about NST today**Advise Please**

I had my twice weekly NST today and neither girls really reacted, but she doesn't have a buzzer to buzz them. So we just have to wait and see if they move enough to get the heart rates up. The concern I had was that baby "B" her h/b went down 3 times during the duration from 140's to 120 and stayed for a min or so. They also did a BPP and they scored 8/8 within like 5 or 10 mins. My doctor looked at it and wasn't concerned. Am I just overreacting? Has anyone else had this? My girls are fraternal if that matters.

Thanks!!!

Melissa :)?

Re: Concerned about NST today**Advise Please**

• That happened to me on Christmas eve.  They told me it wasnt a real concern but they wanted me to come back for a follow up in 2 days.  Well I went to book my appointment for 2 days later and they didnt have an opening.  After being there 6.5 hrs and getting the Dr to agree to let me come back in 3 days.  So three days later I go back.  Dh is with me we get hooked up and the nurse leaves.  DH says to me if we are going to be here another 6 hrs we better be leaving with babies.  About 5 min later the nurse came in baby b's heart rate dropped again and the Dr decided it was better for him to be out than in.  I was in surgery having my boys an hour later.  It turned out that baby a (Owen) thought baby b's (Ethan) cord was a fun squeeze toy. 

I hope that it is just baby a playing with baby b and they move and you can have them bake a little longer.  good luck and sorry if I frightened you.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am glad it has happened to someone else. It actually makes me feel a little better. I have another NST on Monday and will watch for it. She seemed to think that the baby was tugging on her cord since it is right by her hand.

Thank you for responding!!! ?How much did his h/r drop?
    Melissa :)?
  • Loading the player...
  • it dropped like 15- 20 beats depending on the drop you are talking about. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Something similar happened at one of my late appts (I didn't have a separate NST but they did a BPP at every visit) but the OB did have a buzzer to wake up the baby, and it worked, so if yours had had one most likely all would have been fine. If they scored 8/8 on the BPP then to me it makes sense that your OB wouldn't be concerned. ((Hugs)) I know it can be hard not to worry! But it sounds to me like your babies are doing well.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • I actually had my NST cancelled today because the boys were too active.  The peri said that because they had done a growth scan and BPP (also scored 8/8 for each of them) that he wasn't concerned about not getting the NST done. 

I know my SIL had trouble on one of her NSTs.  The baby just didn't want to move, no matter what they did. 

I usually go with the idea that if the doctor isn't worried, I should be.  He/she certainly knows better than I do!

• I know a couple times mine would drop from 150's to like 120's or go up from 150s to 180s. My OB said that it's good to see the fluctuations because it shows excitment and avtivity. I think you only have to worry if it happens for a long while and often.
  • Since I had 3 NST's every day (yes, day) I got to know my kid's heartbeats. No one was very concerned unless it dropped below 100 consistantly. Fluctuation is supposed to occur, just not a consistant "pattern" of dropping.

We never had a "buzzer", they just had me drink orange juice - did the trick every time!!?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"