Babies: 0 - 3 Months

For those of you who have your LO's in Daycare

How are you and your little one adjusting?

My DS is starting daycare full time on Monday.  He's 12 weeks old tomorrow.  I took him Wednesday and today for a few hours so that the caretakers could get aquainted with him, and he with them.  I've been in tears for a week.  When I left him there yesterday, I was in tears.  I feel soo bad.  He's such a snuggle buggle.  he loves being held and cuddled.  I know that the caretakers won't have the time to hold him the way I do, or to give him that one on one attention and it absoutley kills me.  I feel like he's scared I'm abandoning him and not coming back.  I've convinced myself that he is more needy at home after being there...like when I leave the room I feel like he cries faster.  I wonder if when he's there, if he's left to cry a little longer than I'd leave him.  I know he's at a good facility and he's under good watch.  I just can;t get used to the fact that other people are taking care of him when I feel it should be me.

So I guess I'm looking for advice/support from those of you who may be going through the same thing.  I never knew it would be this gut wrenching.

Re: For those of you who have your LO's in Daycare

• I won't lie, the first week was hard, especially the first day back.  Stasa's in an in home daycare run by a friend, so I'm comfortable with her being there. Plus I was getting text updates every couple of hours the first week. 

I think even with the dry runs, it's going to be hard when you go back for real.  Just think of the big smiles you'll get when you pick your LO up.  And you'll appreciate the time you have at night and on the weekends a whole lot more. GL!

Stasa 01.15.09 * Lexi 03.24.11 * Tommy 04.27.13 * Merklet #4 due 10.10.15

BLOG    THE BABY STANDARD    FLICKR    VIDEOS

• It's hard.  I cried after the first couple of dry runs and the first day I dropped him off.  It's been 4 weeks and I'm so much better.  Some days are hard but i am comfortable with his daycare provider.  We are using an in home daycare and he is hte only baby so that makes me happy.  Plus I have seen the smile he gives her and seen him happy there.  I just enjoy the time I have with him even more.
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel exactly the same way! Thankfully I have until Aug. until I have to go through this...
  • he made it three days before getting the flu.  other than that, he loves it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I felt that way with DS, now most days I WANT him to go to daycare, they have so many more activities for him to do, and friends to play with.  Plus, he is very much in his terrible twos.  Makes me want to pull my hair out.  Now, I am going to have to go through the same thing with DD in a month or so, unless I can convince DH I need to stay home another month.  (It might work, maybe)
  • I'm finishing our first week at daycare today. (2nd week at work - Mom watched her for the first week back.) It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I cried and cried and cried after the dry runs and before going back to work. But actually going back to work wasn't so bad and I like being back. Dropping her off the first two days was bad and now DH does drop off by himself. I love picking her up, she is happy and she's doing just great there. She definitely naps better for them than she was for me - I hope it keeps up over the weekend. They love her there and I was all concerned that I wouldn't know what she was doing, but they are great with telling me about her and I get real quality time with her at the end of the day. Enjoy your last weekend and try not to stress out too much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"