Pregnant after a Loss

Vent: Why do we need men?? (long)

I swear sometimes I feel like they're so useless. So I've been pissy with DH the past few days because I've been upset at how he doesn't seem to know anything about what needs to get done for the baby. I really thought he was going to be the type that wanted to know everything about the baby and preparing for it - I guess I'm wrong. For the most part, I've been doing ALL the baby research and then delegated some stuff for him. But of course it takes him weeks to do one thing, such as make a phone call or throw something out. Today I told him that my mom is coming next weekend to paint the nursery. Then DH gets pissy and says why didn't I ask him because he can just have his brother come down and do it. I say I want it done soon so that the crib can be put together and I can start getting the room together. He then sees how much this bothers me and calls his brother and says they'll get it done on May 30th.

I then get upset and say that I really wanted to get started on this nursery and not wait another month for no reason. He says that he wanted to do this with his brothers which I guess I understand, but part of me would rather be involved. 

I don't know I guess I'm stressed because DH constantly puts things off and hasn't been a great help with getting baby stuff ready. He always has an excuse like "there's no need to interview pediatricians / we'll learn everything we need to know about the baby through trial and error/ I don't know about decorating, etc."

He does understand, though, that this is OUR child and not just MINE. That he is not here to help me, that it should be partnership. But, then again not much changes. I guess I'm being hormonal, but I really had this ideal in my head of having stuff ready by now, but DH has not had a concept of timing according to when the baby's due. I really hope this doesn't forshadow how helpful he'll be when the baby actually gets here. 

Thanks for the vent. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Vent: Why do we need men?? (long)

• we need them to get the other 1/2 of the genes for our child... and that's about it...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I understand what you are saying my dh was very slow about getting things done... I was getting really frustrated and I told him it was time to et the nursery ready and if he was going to help i would have my friends help me well we finally got started last weekend and hopefully will be pretty close to done this weekend... what do you think about sitting done and talking to him about the importance of getting it done and if your mom is willing to do it now.... you should let her help...
  • Loading the player...
  • I did talk to him tonight about it and that's why he called his brothers tonight and set the date for May 30th. Now, I regret agreeing to it because I really just wanted to get it done next weekend. If I tell him I changed my mind again, I think it'll just start another big argument.
  • I see how that would be the case... maybe drop it for the next few days and bring it up again... maybe something like my mom is coming next weekend we might as well get it done so you and your brothers can do the hard stuff like putting together the crib.... it is good to be diplomatic but you have to do what is best for you... We are do around the same time and i want everything done and bought by the beginning of June...

The goal really is to make you happy and make sure you are not under any stress... do what you think is best your dh loves you and will support you...

big hugs... i hope everything works out

• candj07candj07 member

My DH is really slow about everything and doesn't get the big picture either, I am due in 2 months and he hasn't even painted it yet....our room had boxes in it cause we just used it for storage. I moved everything out that I could lift myself into the basement and he has yet to get the 4 heavy boxes yet. 

My dad still needs to stain my crib and is clueless to why I am freaking out about getting it done....men are just really annoying when it comes to stuff like that. 

• imageAngelsAmid:
    we need them to get the other 1/2 of the genes for our child... and that's about it...

LOL! Seriously :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"