Breastfeeding
Options

Please tell me I'm wrong

My son is almost 3 months old and I have been ebf the whole time.  I have to go back to work and have been building up a supply.  I read on another board yesterday that if your milk smells like soap after freezing you have a problem and have to boil it before freezing???  I googled but got conflicting statements.  I smelled my milk that had thawed last night and it smelled like soap.  Crying  I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.  Thanks ladies!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Please tell me I'm wrong

• Options

If he'll drink it, it is fine. The enzyme only affects the taste and scent.

https://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/lipase-expressedmilk.html 

• Options
    Ditto PP.  If your son will drink it don't make extra work for yourself.  Check out the kellymom article.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you so much!  He WILL drink it so I feel so much better. 
  • Options

yeah scroll down to my "im in tears 300 oz and its all sour" post. I have talked to 4 different LLL women and my own LC. Its apparently pretty rare since none of them really know what to tell me and i'm finding out more in the internet by myself.

If your LO takes it, it should be fine (but no one wanted to go on the record telling me that!) If LO doesn't, then you scald...but not boil Check out kellymom for directions.

But yeah, its a ton of extra work after pumping throughout the day, washing your parts, prepping bottles, etc. I decided not to scald and I'm crossing my fingers I dont have to throw out my stash.

Also, I'm not thawing overnight, I'm thawing 1st thing in the morning before I prep bottles. I am not using a bottle warmer either, just making the bottles, sticking in the fridge, and using warm water to make them room temp. That way there's not so many temp changes. It's helping a little.

GL!

• Options
    albl508albl508 member
    imageasnowracer:

yeah scroll down to my "im in tears 300 oz and its all sour" post. I have talked to 4 different LLL women and my own LC. Its apparently pretty rare since none of them really know what to tell me and i'm finding out more in the internet by myself.

If your LO takes it, it should be fine (but no one wanted to go on the record telling me that!) If LO doesn't, then you scald...but not boil Check out kellymom for directions.

But yeah, its a ton of extra work after pumping throughout the day, washing your parts, prepping bottles, etc. I decided not to scald and I'm crossing my fingers I dont have to throw out my stash.

Also, I'm not thawing overnight, I'm thawing 1st thing in the morning before I prep bottles. I am not using a bottle warmer either, just making the bottles, sticking in the fridge, and using warm water to make them room temp. That way there's not so many temp changes. It's helping a little.

GL!

Oh my goodness!  I couldn't imagine having to worry about 300 oz!  Good luck to you and thanks so much for the info!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"