Success after IF
Options

Maternity clothes for work?

I don't need maternity clothes yet, but I will when I start my summer job at a law firm in about a month. Where did you get your work-appropriate maternity clothes? I will have to dress fairly conservatively, and I want to de-emphasize the belly if possible. I'm just looking for a few pairs of nice pants, a suit, and some nice non-maternity looking tops but it seems to be a huge issue. Or maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.

FWIW, I will be 15 weeks to about 24 weeks during the summer job, so I won't be huge (I hope).

Thanks in advance for your advice!

After 7 failed IUIs, IVF w/ ICSI worked!!

I am thankful every day for my miracle after infertility.

And thrilled to be pregnant again after FET!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Maternity clothes for work?

• Options
    I love the pants at Motherhood and kohls. They are nice, but the shirts I have found there show off the belly:)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Hey girl!

Not that I've been buying work clothes, but I have certainly found that the empire waist (sp?) tops accentuate the bump but the flat front tops (or those with rouching (sp!!!) on the side) do not call nearly as much attention to my bump.

Good luck finding cute, professional stuff.  Personally, I'd try Kohl's first.  Their return policy is MUCH better than Motherhood Maternity.  The selection is smaller, but sometimes you get lucky!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got some black pants and a knee length black skirt at Motherhood

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Looks like I will be making a trip to Kohl's and Motherhood this weekend! Thanks for your help! It will be so nice to find some work clothes, I've been a little worried about it.
    After 7 failed IUIs, IVF w/ ICSI worked!!

I am thankful every day for my miracle after infertility.

And thrilled to be pregnant again after FET!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I'm sure this place is going to be expensive (but I found coupons in the downtown coupons magazine), but there's a new maternity place opening in these parts (well, Hillcrest) called Dress For The Nines (dressforthenines.com). I'd be interested to see what they have....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"