TTC After a Loss
Options

"Swine Flu Students" response

"haha.
i'll shot at them
lol
but i don't have that flu.
i'd already be on lock down
they said i've got somthing startin with a f i thing..
and my illrg's are really bad."

O.M.G..... have I really failed so badly as an educator? I was almost embarrassed to post this.

Re: "Swine Flu Students" response

• Options
    LOL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    HAHA!!! what age group do you teach? That's horrible! My 2-3 year olds can probably spell better then that! haha...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    that is histarical!  I wouldn't be surpised if the student was even a highschool student.  Most of them write and type in "text" anymore.
  • Options

imagenferrante:
    HAHA!!! what age group do you teach? That's horrible! My 2-3 year olds can probably spell better then that! haha...

I actually have her for Algebra, so I guess the bad spelling isn't my fault. :) I teach high school students with disabilities. With that being said, I also want to let it be known that I'm not making fun of her disability. She is capable of much better, she just doesn't try. She is absent at least 3 times a week, if she comes at all. It's sad really....

• Options

imagebaby#1hopeful:
    that is histarical!  I wouldn't be surpised if the student was even a highschool student.  Most of them write and type in "text" anymore.

They do! I have a friend who is an English teacher who says she wants to put a big red WTF at the top of each paper. :)

• Options

man you know you're old when you read this and can't make any sense of it. 

can i get a translation puh-leeze...

• Options
    Ouch. Yeah that's pretty bad.
  • Options
    imagemrsfarmer0711:

imagebaby#1hopeful:

They do! I have a friend who is an English teacher who says she wants to put a big red WTF at the top of each paper. :)

It is actually quite scary.  Now don't get me wrong, I text half words all the time normally because I am in a rush, but if I was writing my boss, or a teacher or even someone I didn't want to sound crazy too I would maybe let go of the texting type phrasing.  The problem is that the "habit" is the opposite of what will help them in the future...  Wow I sound old.  I am done now.  Lol.

• Options
    HAHA cathy you kill me!
  • Options
    Oh My... is that "allergies"???
  • Options

Wow.  I had no clue what she was talking about until abartane wrote "allergies" above.

I know a guy I correspond with at work via e-mail who is his 50's and has AWFUL spelling and grammar.  He sent me an e-mail yesterday that said that the "passingrs" in the vehicle were injured.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"