Success after IF

ICSI

Who had this procedure with IVF? I had my IVF consult today and RE is recommending this to us for the first IVF. Because I am unexplained and DH sperm is great, I ovulate on meds and have had great cycles and can't get pregnant he doesn't want to take any chances with eggs not fertilizing. I should mention I've had 6 IUI's, all great cycles, just no pregnancy.

I'm OK with it but the mentioning of genetic defects, etc scares me a bit with ICSI. Are there any real high risks? The RE said it's very minimimal, not enough to not consider doing it.

Thanks!

Re: ICSI

• I did ICSI. Of course our issue is MFI so we had no choice. Some people ICSI half. But I agree with your RE I think the risks are so low. I would do ICSI even if I didn't have to, just to ensure they fertilize. Good Luck!
  • Severe MFI here -- we did ICSI and our babies are healthy and normal :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We did ICSI because of sever MFI. Below is my perfect baby girl! After 6 IUIs I can see why they would want to do that. Good luck to you!
    For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We did ICSI and it was a success!  My RE pretty much does ICSI with all patients.  But we were dealing with mostly my problems, but low morph too.  Best of luck to you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We did ICSI - due to MFI. I think the chances are very low for defects.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"