Adoption
Options

First Adoption Ad officially Placed!!!!

I haven't posted much lately, as I have been swamped with trying to do my own search, and I see so many good things have been happening here!! Congrats to all!!

I am doing DA with an attorney, and as much as I adore her, I sometimes wish we used an agency. It is SO hard to get profiles, website, ads done on our own and I wasted a lot of time trying to get on Parent Profiles, only to find that they will not let me post there because my attorney is in New York ( we are in NJ) Apparently, PP does not accept posting from singles or gay parents and the NY State Atty. General has targeted them for some discrimination charges...Since my atty. is based in NY, it seems I am bared from posting on Parent profiles. I spent WEEKS putting my PP together and they never once notified me of this problem. So frustrating!

So I checked out Adopting.com, signed up with them last night, did my ad, got e-mail  communications from them all day today....AND WE WENT LIVE AN HOUR AGO!!!!!!

So far, we have been doing networking and word of mouth and nothing has panned out yet so I am feeling very good that we will finally get some exposure!!!

WHAT'S IN MY CAMERA BAG: Canon 40D, 50 mm 1.8 prime and not much else yet! Learning to edit with PSE 8 AND LR 3. My real name isn't Tiffany, and I'm a photography newbie! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: First Adoption Ad officially Placed!!!!

• Options
    WOW CONGRATS!!!!!  I can't wait for updates!!!  Sometimes if you want something done correctly and in a timely manner you have to do it yourself and today YOU PROVED THAT!!!
  • Options
    I'm sorry for the frustration with the time lost on the first website, but "YEA!!!!!" for your live ad!  How exciting!  Here's hoping it happens soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"