Pregnant after a Loss

calf muscle pain - kind of worried

Hey ladies,

This morning I started having some pain in my left calf muscle.  It feels a bit like tightening and it's starting to worry me.  Do you think I should call the dr. or do you think this is normal?  Anyone have a similar story?  I'm 5 weeks, 6 days pg.  Thanks!

Re: calf muscle pain - kind of worried

• Aren't leg cramps a common pregnancy symptom? Are you taking PNVs and drinking enough water?
    Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imagejen-dale:
    Aren't leg cramps a common pregnancy symptom? Are you taking PNVs and drinking enough water?

Thanks for your response...I am taking PNV and drinking a lot of water.  It's just been hanging around all day so I'm getting a little concerned.

• Loading the player...
  • Try eating a banana you may be low on Potassium,....I went through that my first pregnancy...bananas were a life saver to me...
  • If you notice any swelling call your dr!  Better to be safe than sorry!
  • Leg cramps are totally normal esp during pregnancy. They get worse the further along  you are too. I got woken up out of a dead sleep on tuesday morning with one and it lasted until wednesday. It hurt so bad to walk on it and it would cramp worse if I even tried to flex my foot. Since I don't eat bananas, my doc suggested drinking G2 or Powerade Zero (both have way less sugar then regular Gatorade or Powerade). It's helped a lot.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If it is just muscle cramping...totally normal. but if its actual pain you need to call your Dr. asap!
    ~Jess & Mike May 12, 2007
    12.6.07 CP at 5w
    5.21.08 BO discovered at 7w, D&E at 8w3d
    8.31.08 CP at 4w5d
    BFP Sept 25, 2008 bfp buddy lkstor Landon born June 6, 2009
    3.25.11 missed m/c discovered at 9w6d, D&E at 10w2d
    4.28.11 MTHFR a1298c homozygous discovered
    4.2011 Began NaProTechnology
    10.12.11 Diagnosed with Type III Luteal Phase Defect
    10.2011 Starting hcg injections on 5, 7 & 9 dpo
    BFP 12.7.11 - EDD 8.14.12 - IT'S A BOY! Fruit Baby
    Life During and After RPL