Northern California Babies

When did you pack hosp. bag and have carseat ready?

I'm just curious.  I've done neither at this point....

Re: When did you pack hosp. bag and have carseat ready?

• ?

Carseat ws ready EARLY cuz I liked seeing it in my car :)

Bag was packed around 38 weeks ?

• You might want to get the carseat done soon, if you want to have it checked at the PD or FD...
  • Loading the player...
  • imageNotJustAnAuntie:
    You might want to get the carseat done soon, if you want to have it checked at the PD or FD...

Make sure they have a certified person on staff to check it for you. Not all cops/firemen can do it. ?

• I packed hospital bag while in labor.  (I was 2 weeks early so...)

As for carseat, I know it was before then but don't remember when.

• imageNotJustAnAuntie:
    You might want to get the carseat done soon, if you want to have it checked at the PD or FD...

Ditto this - we had ours checked through an AAA office that had a certified person and we had to make an appt in advance. In my town, there was only one person at the PD that was certified to check them and he was rarely available.

I had everything ready at 30 weeks, but that was because I was in and out of the hospital at that time and they thought I was going to deliver pretty much that week. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I haven't packed a hospital bag yet and I need to go out and get things for it.  But, we just had our car seat checked today.  You should call soon because at least at our PD there are only 2 officers that do it, they only do it on Thurs and Fri and it took awhile for them to get back to me and get it on the books (like 1 1/2 weeks).
  • We've had the carseat in for about two weeks, I packed for the baby yesterday, and me, well, I'm still not packed.
  • First pregnancy, around 36 weeks.

This time we had NOTHING prepared, no bag and no carseat.  I packed my bag right before we left for the hospital and DH threw the carseat in the trunk when we were leaving.  She was 2 1/2 weeks early.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"