Success after IF

Oh my God, it just happened again - need input on colds & vomiting please!

I just posted below about Cal's cold and a vomiting episode earlier this afternoon.  Just now I nursed him and he was done, just hanging out on the boppy on my lap, and then he started coughing productively. So, I sat him up thinking it would help him out...he coughed some more, really juicy stuff, and then made these mouth ovements like he was gagging but no sound was coming out (my first thought was phlegm was caught in his throat) - this has happened before since he's been sick and then he just stops and he's fine.  But this time it was followed by a HUGE projectile forceful vomit that soaked my clothes and made an audible gurgling liquid sound while it was coming out.  But the difference now is that he seems fine afterwards, not as limp and sick as when it happened earlier.  Just very sleepy.  The dr. said if the vomiting continued to make sure that I only feed him a little bit at a time, so I guess that's what I'll do.  But man, that sh*t's scary.  It's the whole sequence of coughing phlegm, gagging silently, and then throwing up that makes it look scary.  Not just any one of those things alone.  Whew.  Have any of you dealt with this?
Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Oh my God, it just happened again - need input on colds & vomiting please!

• ya know, since ronnie's cold a couple of weeks ago, he has had at least one moment kind of like this every other day or so..he starts coughing, then makes this kind of sound like he's gonna puke, and he's trying to swallow it, he cries and his face turns red while he's doing it..i think its phlem with him, because i'm still phlemmy from my cold, and allergies too.?

he used to projectile puke all the time from his reflux, and the sound he makes is exactly like he used to before those pukes..its almost as though he can control it now so its not coming out..

im gonna ask the GI about it at our appt tomorrow..

i hope the lil man feels better soon!!!!?

Ron and Nora married 6.3.06 21 cycles, 1 m/c, 4 rounds clomid, 1 round gonal f and 3 IUI anovulatory cycles, LPD
    Joey, Ronnie, and Audrey,
    my awesome IUI 30 week twins, and my surprise miracle Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LOVE my SAIF ladies :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie 2nd Birthday TickerLilypie Second Birthday tickers My Blog!
  • Evan has done that too - and like you said, totally fine afterwards.  He was older than Cal, but it is SCARY!!  My book that I rely on says take them in if it happens 3 times.  So after it happened the 3rd time, I took him in.  Dr. said it was totally normal. :-(  Granted, like I said Evan was older than Cal, but apparently it's normal for them to throw up from coughing when they have a cold.  Fun times.  (Obviously take him in though if you feel like he needs to be seen again.)
  • Loading the player...
  • I really think it happened because he just ate and then you sat him up and it put pressure on his belly making him super puke.

Katen is constantly sick and this happend all through her infant life. You get used to it. Sad huh?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It sounds like he is choking on his phlegm. Poor thing...

So no one told me (and I didnt have the common sense to think of it) when E had his early bouts of projectile vomiting that you need to wait at least 2 hours before feeding again. The stomach will automatically reject anything after vomiting, so if you feed too soon, he will do it again. No one told me, and I didnt know, so I just wanted to pass it along!

2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Thanks everyone...it's really helpful to read about similar experiences.  It's all just so overwhelming and stressful, as I'm sure you can relate!

Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
    LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
    LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
    Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"