Infertility

opinions needed

Ok, I don't write on here much but I was wondering what other people would do in my situation. A little background info, we've been TTC since August 07, found out my husband has low sperm motility due to varicoceles. He had surgery to have them removed last September but it didn't really help much yet. There are no problems with me. (that we know of!) So anyways, we've done 5 IUI's with Clomid and were planning on doing one more. Our doctor gave us two options for our next step, either IVF or more IUI's with HCG. What would you guys do? My insurance will pay for the HCG meds but they won't cover anymore IUI's. Obviously, insurance won't pay for any IVF. I just don't know which to chose. I know it would be a lot cheaper for the IUI's to work but what if they don't? That's money that could have been put towards IVF. UGH, too many decisions. I really, really hate this. It's getting SO OLD!

Thanks, Laura

Re: opinions needed

• I personally would move to IVF or maybe try one IUI with the HCG and then move on. Though in the short term IUI's are less expensive, you have gone through a lot of them so it would make me wonder if that was really the answer. IVF has a much higer success rate so the amount you could spend on multiple IUI's would add up to close to as much.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• There is no perfect answer. My RE thinks IUI can bypass any sperm issues, I do not agree, but Im not the DR.I got pregnant on my first IUI with a normal SA. Its great that insurance will cover meds, they're really expensive. IUI is much cheaper then IVF,especially if you dont have to pay for meds.Find out what IUI will cost per cycle,if its nots so bad maybe try a couple IUI's before taking the $15,000.00 plunge into IVF. GL
    1-20-09 BFP third month of Follistim IUI 02-19-09 MC 06-24-09 MC July IUI Follistim Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone=BFN Aug. IUI Follistim Ganirelix ovidrel Crinone=BFP= scared sh**less 10-12-09 MC = 1 ectopic 1 perfect Dec. IUI Gonal-F Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone Lovenox 01-02-10 BFP=scared sh**less again 01-06-10 CP SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME : ) March 2010 - IVF in progress converted to IUI 03-30-10 BFN April 2010 - IVF - BFFN June 2010 - IVF - BFFN July IUI BFP! March 26 2011 Gracie is here! imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"