Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Frustrated!

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

DH took DD to the pedi last Friday because she had a little bit of a runny nose.  So rather be safe then sorry.  Well come to find out she has an ear infection in both ears plus an upper respiratory infection.  Okay so we have been giving her Amoxicillin since last Friday.  As of last night now she has a fever (101.5).  I have been giving her Motrin and Tylenol, and the fever goes down and then goes back up.  I called the pedi and they said to give her an extra round of antibiotics today and tomorrow and continue with the Motrin and Tylenol.  What is going on with her?  I am thinking she is getting worse before getting better.. She is acting completely normal except for her runny nose and fever.  Any suggestions?

Re: Frustrated!

• Options
    I have no idea why that message did that... ugh!
  • Options
    My first thought would have been teeth but the fever is too high to be teeth, it would have to be 100 or lower.  Maybe her little body is just fighting it the way it knows how, or maybe her body is not reacting to the amoxicilian.  Abby's pedi gave her zithromax as an antibiotic and her body fought that instead of the infection and we had to switch her antibiotic.  She did not get better till after that, so maybe she needs a new antibiotic!  How are you feeling by the way?
    Abigail Grace: 3/11/08 and Joshua Alan: 2/2/13 Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 5losses from 7/4/10 through 11/22/11 - “When the world says, “Give up,” Hope whispers, ‘Try it one more time."♥
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagecmeon_the_water:

The antibiotics won't do anything for a viral infection, and she likely has one. :(

The fever is technically a good sign that her immune system is kicking butt- just make sure it doesn't get super high, and try to keep her comfortable. I hope she feels better soon.

Ditto this.  Not all ear infections are bacterial.  Hope she feels better soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"