Pregnant after 35

I hate water

I am so sick of water already. It's so boring and flavorless and doesn't have a nice, wonderful burn as it goes down,  but what else can a pg chick drink. If we are supposed to avoid artificial sweetners and caffeine all that is left are sugary drinks that will pile on the pounds.

What have you ladies been drinking throughout your pregnancies? I'm really missing my diet cokes.

Re: I hate water

• Water and occasionally ginger ale. I miss my caffeine beverages.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • have you tried putting a slice of lemon in your water?  Have you tried flavored water by Aquafina or seltzer(flavored)?  I still drink my Pepsi on occasion or gingerale.  Lemonade with crushed ice is awesome, trying to give u ideas!
  • Loading the player...
  • You get used to water and, eventually, it's the only thing that truly quenches your thirst.

I gave up Aspartame (ie. Diet Soda) completely and I didn't have caffeinated beverages at all during my 1st trimester -- since I read it increases the risk of miscarriage -- but went back to a cup of coffee a day since week 20. 

I will drink the occasional caffeine free soda--Sprite, Ginger Ale and Dr. Brown's Cream Soda or Black Cherry (yay for Dr. Brown's). I'll also have lemonade or Snapple Kiwi Strawberry juice--but no more than one a day due to the super high sugar content.

I missed soda so much during my 1st tri but now I'm glad I made the switch to water and hope to keep it up post partum.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • I hear ya! I am always trying to find something new to drink. But like Edbetsy posted, my two favorites are water with a wedge of lemon and flavord sletzer. Lemon or cranberry lime are my favorites!

I alos still have a dt coke every now and again. ;-)

• I add lemon to my water. Sometimes I'll do a mix of soda water with cranberry or lemonade (and serve it in a fun glass like a margarita glass so it's a little mocktail).

I drink decaf hot tea, and will occassionally have a decaf coffee. Sometimes I'll have some root beer or gingerale.

OJ in the morning is always good too! It's a lot of sugar, but it wakes me up.

• I guess I am going straight to hell, lol  I have a diet pepsi everyday. My doc said it was fine, as long as I am still getting my gallon of water a day.....

I went cold turkey with my first son, and with my second was a little more relaxed. I really saw no difference in demeanor, health or size.

On the other hand, I have enjoyed my share of spritzers, i.e. white grape juice with 7-up, yum

• Lots of water and ginger tea and an occasional Reed's Ginger Brew (with extra ginger) or Dry Soda (www.drysoda.com).
  • For me....PG or not I don't drink coffee (and no alcohol during pg), smoke or do drugs.  So I had my diet sunkist daily.  I usually don't finish a can.  It only has 41mg of caffine.  They say you can have up to 300mg of caffine.  My DD turned out fine:)
  • All I ever really want to drink is water. Nothing else sounds good or if it does, it gives me terrible acid reflux. I do drink a cup of black 50/50 decaf every morning and it sits well with me. Have you tried making homemade frozen juice pops? I LOVE THESE!!! I don't have them very often (f*ing reflux) but they seriously make me happy.
  • Instead of pepsi, which I used to drink every day, I now drink club soda (sodium free) with fresh lime (or lemon).  I also cut way back on coffee.  My 24 oz wawa coffee is now a 16 oz half kona and half decaf.  Doing the water thing too. 

Try seltzer or club soda if you haven't yet.  I bet a little splash of lemonade would be good mixed in it too.  I'll have to try that...

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I do ginger ale when I'm feeling weak, and teh rest of the time? ?Watered-down juice. ?Just go like half water/half juice, or even 3/4 water to 1/4 juice. ?It really helps.
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I concur re: the juice, but I mix a splash with different flavored seltzers... and if I'm only giving myself a little juice?   i get FOOFY juices... like Mango Passionfruit (Trader Joes, I loves ya!) or Pineapple. :)

Christine

• Really? My latest craving is ICE WATER.  Maybe put some ice in it?  lol...i guess it might not work for you, but I am totally into it!
  • If you like bubbles, you can get soda makers.  You can control the bubbles and flavor the water however you like.  We have one called "the Penguin" from Sodastream.  I love it - no bottled water to haul around and the empty carbonators are delivered to your house and the empties picked up. 
  • Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I try to avoid drinking calories and artificial sweetners are supposedly a no no - so I've been at a loss. I like the idea of adding a little juice. I've tried club soda because I really miss carbonation but it's not so great. I'll still be having a caffeine free diet coke, maybe every other day. I used to drink about 4 a day (bad I know. I miss my vices).
  • I'm a Diet Pepsi junkie, so it was super hard for me to bring it down to a can a day.  Someone suggested flavored sparkling water and I am hooked!  Kroger, Target & Wal-Mart carry an awesome array of flavors & they run about $.60 for a one liter bottle(34 oz.).  Some of the flavors I have found are: peach, strawberry lime, white grape, mandarin orange, blueberry pomegranate, black cherry, lemon, kiwi strawbery, lime.  I'm sure there are more.  The nutrition info is: 0 cals/fat/carb/protein; 10mg sodium.  Ingredients: carbonated water, citric acid, potassium citrate, sucralose & natural flavors.
  • I really like sparkly water with slices of lemon and orange.  I find it refreshing and helps me belch  (makes my DH laugh)  Wink

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"