High-Risk Pregnancy

those with factor v leiden

Hello ladies. My hx is in my siggy but I had 2 mc then RPL testing, dx with homo  MTHFR 1298C and hetero FVL. I was put on lovenox once daily with 3rd pg and carried to 32wk5d went into HELLP, after 1 month in NICU DD was home and essentially fine. MD's said it was weird that I went into HELLP bc I was already being treated for thrombophilias. Now, after DD same scenario with 2 mc. I was on lovenox for last pg. Would they increase my treatment, bc obv once a day isn't enough? do they ever do baby asa and one lovenox, or would the next logical step be 2 injections? I do see MFM when pg and that is where my mc was discovered. It is just really hard to find info on this and/or get a straight answer that all MD's agree on! Just wondered what other's experiences were. Thanks much!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: those with factor v leiden

• I have Factor V Leiden & MTHFR. I have been on 2 injections of Lovenox (70 ml per injection) since the heartbeat was found. The amount of Lovenox was recommended by the high risk doctor. Hope this helps. This is my first pregnancy. I was diagnosed w/ a blood clot in 2004 so I knew prior to being pg that I would be on blood thinners. I am also on a daily supplement for MTHFR - Folgard -- I take it twice a day.
  • I don't have factor V, but have prothrombin gene mutation. ?I take 2 Lovenox injections per day.
  • Loading the player...
  • I just found out this week that i have factor v.  I go to my OB next Friday and I have a ton of questions now that I know i have this and not just a run of the mill DVT clot.

I got a blood clot about 6 wks ago and have been on Lovenox injections twice daily since then.  I found out yesterday that my blood clot is gone now so the hematologist wants to have me take one shot a day at a lower dosage just as prevention at this point.  I will also have to take Lovenox shots with any future pregnancies as well.

Its weird for me because I have never had any issues with BC, my first pregnancy and my first knee surgery.  I am glad I know about it now.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"