Baby Names

Clicky: How many Noah's do you know?

I don't know any, but I'm trying to figure out if it's too popular!

[Poll]

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

wife to joe 2.2.08. mama to noah 9.5.09.
After multiple m/c's, a MTHFR diagnosis and the Lord calling both of our hearts in the same direction, we're adopting!
theluckiest
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Re: Clicky: How many Noah's do you know?

• i know 3 or 4.

looked it up on ssn: it was #14 in the us in 2007 but in south carolina it was ranked #10 and there were 249 of them born that year.

on friday you can check for the 2008 rankings.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't know any personally, but the only times I have heard the name was with little boys born in the last few years. I just don't know any right now...but I don't know many people with babies, either.

The namemapper says it was #10 in South Carolina in 2007. That's pretty popular.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks, y'all! I don't know any around here but that's interesting that it's one of the top names in the state! Thanks!

After multiple m/c's, a MTHFR diagnosis and the Lord calling both of our hearts in the same direction, we're adopting!
    theluckiest
  • Dang! I am now obsessed with the namemapper website!

Our other choice that we agreed on was William- for 2005, it was #1 in SC, NC, GA, TN, MS and AL.  That's NUTS!!!

theluckiest
  • My nephew is 6 and named Noah. At his 1st bday party, there were two other Noah's there.  My nephew was the oldest though.  =T
  • LMS05LMS05 member
    I've said this many times, but I'll say it again. Noah is a very popular name in the Jewish culture. I live in a Jewish area and there are Noahs everywhere. That being said, Noah is a classic name that has recently become more popular, but it's still a classic. It's not trendy. I personally love the name (I'm not Jewish btw).
  • We considered Noah but went with Levi instead. Here are some other if you want biblical: Ezra, Judah, Luke, Gabriel, Levi, Micah, Caleb
  • I had one in my class last year, 1 this year, my cousin's 4 year old is Noah and I have a pregnant friend naming her son Noah.  Oh wait, I just thought of another one, a friend of my niece's (5 year old) is Noah too!
  • Growing up I had a ski friend named Noah, and a friend of mine just named her son Noah.  Though *technically* that's not what she really named her son.  She named him Zeppelin and then later realized that wasn't such a great name and changed it to Noah.
  • On year (about 3 years ago), I had three Noahs in a class.?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My BIL and his best friend are Noah's....in fact that's what we call them, "The Noah's"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"