Austin Babies

When did u know that it was "first haircut" time?

I'm thinking we are close to that point.  I want to grow DD's hair out to be long.  But it is reallllly shaggy.  Her little bangs are in her eyes and I always have to swoop them to the side.  Do you justify going to get her hair cut just to trim the bangs - or do you think they will want to shape it up all around?

Or should I just live with it and not cut her hair?  When did you know? Lastly, did DH go with you?  Not sure how big of a deal this milestone is, lol.

(And any rec's up north would be good, too!)

TIA!

Re: When did u know that it was "first haircut" time?

• I took Campbell to get just her bangs cut when she was 17 months old.  No one pressured us to get more cut.  We went to the children's haircut place in La Frontera (I'll be buggered to remember what it is really called, though).  She got her first full haircut a week ago and it looks much better now but I couldn't bear to part with her curls any earlier.

• EmerEmer member

It's Snip Its in La Frontera- that's where we went, too.

We just trimmed her bangs first.  Her second cut she actually got layers, which I thought was silly until I realized how much it helped with tangles.

DH didn't go the first time, but it was a special thing.  He went the second time and she FREAKED out.

• Loading the player...
  • For me it's a matter of it being attractive or not. Like would Baby GAP want to take a picture of your kid, or do they look like a mess? DD's hair is barely passable right now since I stopped trimming her mullet for the last 2 months but now I think it needs a cut. The front part of her hair looks like normal short baby hair though and doesn't need to be messed with though. Opposite problem!

Do you really want her to have bangs though? Or one length? I haven't seen her in a bit so I don't know what would look best with her face shape.

When I take DD it will probably be just me and I doubt there will be many pictures or anything.Might save a lock of hair or something but really, overall to ME, it's just a haircut.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I had decided I wanted Elena not to have bangs so we actually didn't get her hair cut until she was 3 and was just getting dead-ends galore.

Back when her hair was still straight (pre-2 yrs), it really did go through the awkward mullet stage and she had trouble with her hair in her face, but she liked to wear hair bows and now headbands so it wasn't/isn't ever a big problem.

imageimage
    6-yr-old Elena and 4-yr-old Julia.
    My Blog! All about my girls and quilting
  • Hmm.... I think I might want her to have bangs.  I don't know.  Bangs may be cute on her.  So - if that's the case then i will just trim up the front part and leave the rest to grow on it's own accord.
  • Well, you've seen H's crazy hair, always in her face and all over the place but I still don't want to cut it yet. I'm waiting until it's long enough all over to be cut into some sort of shape, plus I don't want to do bangs at this time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"