High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GD and weight loss

So my doctor doesn't seem to concerned about it, but I lost 5 lbs in the first 2 weeks of my new diet... I find it odd how I never had cramping and or discomfort in my belly before now. I wonder if the two are related.

I was so borderline with my test results, I failed by 1 point! My numbers have been great, I even had a half a donut from dunkin donuts yesterday with my lunch and my number was still only 109.  I am not going to lie, I still use regular sugar in my coffee in the morning and my breakfast numbers have never been over 105.

My doctor told me to "pig out" more and add a cheat meal to my diet once a week to counter the weight loss.

Have you lost weight since being diagnosed with GD? Did it stop?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: GD and weight loss

• Options

I heard that losing weight is normal when you first start the diet as you are eating more healthier and according to serving sizes. I have to try to have 3 meals and 2 snacks. Maybe try to add some more protein and more carbs and cut back on simple sugars it may help maintain your weigh instead of you losing any more.

I have been diagnosed since 8 weeks and have only gained 3 pounds, my doctor is very happy with it.

• Options
    Once I started on the diet, I stopped gaining weight for about 2 weeks. Then I began to lose and lost 4 pounds in about a week. That was at 29 weeks. It took me until 33 weeks to gain back those pounds and now I am gaining at a normal rate (approx. 1-2 pounds a week). I added a little bit more to my diet and stopped counting my fat intake. I have only gained 24 pounds total so i am still ok on weight gain.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The nutritionist and my doctor both said it is normal and to expect a small weight loss. I never lost any weight, but my weight gain stalled for 6 weeks. Then I managed to gain 2 pounds in the last 2 weeks, but I honestly think most of that weight is baby and not fat.
  • Options
    I was diagnosed about 5 weeks ago - at 29 weeks - and I haven't gained any weight since.  I lost a pound after about a week and I haven't gained it back.  I've been following the diet, which really wasn't too different from the way I ate before - minus the desserts after dinner each night. I miss triple chocolate Godiva brownies from Costco! :-( 

I think it's normal. You are eating healthy and for the most part, eating the same thing every day.  For many people, it's eating a lot healthier than they previously did.  You could add more protein or another healthy snack. I wouldn't advise adding more donuts or sugar...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"