Breastfeeding

At what point does DC's weight gain slow down?

I know in the beginning, they wanted DD to gain about a pound a month (she was 6 lbs 7 oz at birth).  At her 6 month appointment, she was 14 lbs 15 oz (right on track - still at 25%).  We had a sick visit 3 weeks after that appointment and she had gained only 7 oz, so it seems like her rate of weight gain had slowed down.  I know I should have asked the pedi, but it slipped my mind at the time and I've been thinking about it a lot since then!  I'm not terribly concerned - she nurses or gets a bottle at daycare at least 6 times a day and has 3 solid meals, but I'm just curious.  Any thoughts? 

Re: At what point does DC's weight gain slow down?

• for us around six months. babies get more active- which burns calories.

ideally most pedi's want to see a baby triple weight by 1yr.

usually most babies double by six months- and then weight gain slows from six months to a year.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • DS slowed a lot after 4 months or so.  He was over 86th percentile at 4 months, in the 60s at 6 months, and 41th percentile this week at his 9 month appointment.  He still looks healthy, not scrawny, so I am not worried.  I would think your DD is right in the time where BF babies start dropping on the charts.

• Loading the player...
  • EBF babies usually start to level off/slow down around 6 months.  If you look at the growth charts on Kellymom you can see it slowing around then.  My girls both slowed a ton in there, but stayed on their curve.  They're becoming more active and getting taller so they're burning more calories.  Plus they will start to kinda slim down (not scarily, of course).  Totally normal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"