Stay at Home Moms

Baby Food Maker repost...

i'm watching martha stewart, and she's having a "baby shower" themed show. they showed a baby food maker/food processor thing called the babycook. looks great, but it's pricy! anyone use something that they'd recommend? thanks!

Re: Baby Food Maker repost...

• I have the Beaba Babycook. It is pricey (around $150), but so worth it! It steams, purees, defrosts and reheats all in the same machine. It is really easy to clean and not to mention really cute! I looked around prior to purchasing it but couldn't find anything comparable.

• imageDaniel's Mama:

I have the Beaba Babycook. It is pricey (around $150), but so worth it! It steams, purees, defrosts and reheats all in the same machine. It is really easy to clean and not to mention really cute! I looked around prior to purchasing it but couldn't find anything comparable.

What a fantastic appliance... I had never heard of things like this 2 years ago when I was making all Emily's food but I sure wish I had!  :)

I have a Calphalon Steampot with Steamer insert that I used to steam all of Emily's food (it came in the set I got for my wedding) and then, once cooled, I pureed all the foods in my Cuisinart Food Processor.  In case you don't want to purchase any additional appliances, you can steam in a microwave by simply covering a microwave-safe dish with plastic wrap and poking a small hole in the top.  I was also a fan of roasting veggies at times, which is also super easy: 400-500 degrees in the oven at whatever time is advised per your recipes, which I found online or in my SuperFoods baby cookbook. 

Hope this helps!!!

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Loading the player...
  • I was given this at my shower https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2561701

I've enjoyed using it. It's very easy to use and dishwasher safe. You can also buy each item separate if there is a piece you don't need/want.

• I have a Braun hand mixer but I have also used my regular blender.

I have a few recipes in my blog (link in sig).

• I just use my cuisinart that I got as a wedding present and freeze in ice cube trays. ?I did end up buying a steamer for about $50 from target.

?

A?

imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• imageArcticFox:

I have a Braun hand mixer but I have also used my regular blender.

I have a few recipes in my blog (link in sig).

I also have a Braun hand mixer, but haven't used it yet. DS will start solids in 2 more months.

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"