Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Suddenly afraid of the bathtub?

Olivia's always been a water baby. She LOVES bathtime and hates getting out. However, starting Monday night, she started crying as soon as I put her in the tub. Tuesday night she even tried to stand up and get out. She does not appear to have any rashes, the water is the same temperature, and there hasn't been any traumatic experiences or anything. Saturday and Sunday's baths were non-eventful.

I'm so confused. Did any of your LO's go thru a bath strike? Should I take her to be evaluated for a bladder infection or the like? TIA

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Joe and Ashley ~ June 16, 2007 ~ Olivia Rae ~ May 12, 2008 ~ 9:06 pm ~ 8lbs 4oz ~ 20.5 inches ~ Miscarriage of twins ~ April 16, 2009 at 6 weeks. ~ Surprise BFP 6/23/09 13DPO ~ Eleanor Rose ~ February 18, 2010 ~ 6lbs 15oz ~ 20 inches ~ Caroline Ruth ~ February 19, 2013 ~ 6lbs 12 oz ~ 19 1/4 inches

Our family is complete!

Re: Suddenly afraid of the bathtub?

• Options
    We this happen around the same age with our first, for no apparent reason.  She got over it in about 10 days.  During that time we just let her stand and get a quick soap and rinse in.  I had never seen her throw such a fit, and haven't since...........maybe every kid goes through it?
  • Options
    My son did this when he turned 2 years old. Before that, he always loved his baths. Nothing about his baths changed and then one day he just freaked out about going in. He cried like he was being tortured and kept saying "No bath! No bath!" like he was scared (not like he was rebelling). So, each day we just filled the tub, asked him if he wanted to get in, and if he said "no", we just wiped him down in the bathroom. This went on for about a week. I ended up buying him some Thomas bath toys (he loves Thomas the train) and showed him how fun they were in the tub and convinced him to try to play with them. He was so interested that he forgot how freaked out he was about taking a bath and let me put him inside. He's be fine every since.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    PeskyPesky member
    YES!!!!  Ugh, it's been awful.  Started around Christmas and like your DD she loved bathtime before and then regressed.  My neighbor suggested reverted to bathing in the kitchen sink and gradually moving back to the tub.  We ended up showering with DD and she liked to stand in the shower and play with the water from the showerhead.  A few trips to the pool have helped immensely as well, where she remembers how much she loves the water.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options

Thank you ladies so much! I'm glad to know there's nothing wrong with her. I had no idea this was so common. Thank goodness for the bump. :) I guess we'll try showers for a while and ease back into the tub. And the pool is a great idea as well, especially since it's getting warmer.

Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Joe and Ashley ~ June 16, 2007 ~ Olivia Rae ~ May 12, 2008 ~ 9:06 pm ~ 8lbs 4oz ~ 20.5 inches ~ Miscarriage of twins ~ April 16, 2009 at 6 weeks. ~ Surprise BFP 6/23/09 13DPO ~ Eleanor Rose ~ February 18, 2010 ~ 6lbs 15oz ~ 20 inches ~ Caroline Ruth ~ February 19, 2013 ~ 6lbs 12 oz ~ 19 1/4 inches

Our family is complete!

• Options
    My Olivia went through this last week. She was screaming like she was in immense pain! I did not know what was wrong with her. As soon as I took her out, she was fine. She seems to have developed a sense of fear over the past couple of months, and this kind of seemed to be a part of that. I think it's normal though. Other than that, she has been fine.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"