North Carolina Babies
Options

How do you pronounce Britax?

I thought it was "Britt-ax" but I saw a commercial for a local store where it was pronounced "Brye-tax"... Inquiring minds want to know. Smile

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: How do you pronounce Britax?

• Options
    I thought the same as you. Hmmm.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ha ha!  We actually had this discussion several months ago!  I don't think we ever came to a real conclusion.  I say Britt-ax, like you.  But I've heard both and have no idea which is correct.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I thought like you at first but somewhere along the way figured out it was Brye. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• Options
    I pronounce it like you do, but I guess I've never heard it said out loud by anyone but me! :)
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I thought it was Brittax until I watched their online video on how to install the seat and they?pronounced?it Bry-tax, so I go with that.
  • Options
    I had also said it with a sort I until I called the company a few times last month and every person there said it with a long I, and I figured they must know! ;)
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Options

It's Bry-tax :)

and Chicco is pronounced Key-co with a hard "K" sound instead of the "ch" like in cheese.

• Options
    Man, I must sound like an idiot. I thought it was Britt-ax and Chicco as in cheese. You learn something new every day!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagejenhum:
    Man, I must sound like an idiot. I thought it was Britt-ax and Chicco as in cheese. You learn something new every day!

I went into Smart Momma asking about Chicco like cheese and felt like such a dumbass when she kept saying Key-co. Embarrassed   but I figure that must happen a bunch, so I couldn't be the only one!

• Options
    imageBlairWaldorf:

imagejenhum:

I went into Smart Momma asking about Chicco like cheese and felt like such a dumbass when she kept saying Key-co.?Embarrassed?? but I figure that must happen a bunch, so I couldn't be the only one!

They should have called their car seat the Chee-Fit then if that is their?pronunciation?logic :)

• Options
    imageEvans:
    imageBlairWaldorf:

imagejenhum:

I went into Smart Momma asking about Chicco like cheese and felt like such a dumbass when she kept saying Key-co. Embarrassed   but I figure that must happen a bunch, so I couldn't be the only one!

They should have called their car seat the Chee-Fit then if that is their pronunciation logic :)

for serious!

• Options

Chicco is an Italian company, and in Italian a CH followed by I or E has a K sound.  (Similarly, a C followed by I or E has a "ch" sound -- think cappuccino or ciao.)  KeyFit is an English name obviously, but you made me curious enough that I just checked the Chicco website, and the KeyFit isn't listed in their Italian brochure.  So it's an Italian company with an English-named product -- how international, LOL.

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"