Breastfeeding

STTN at 4-5 weeks?

Should I be waking her to feed or just go with it and feel blessed/rested?  DD, for the last week or so, has been sleeping 5-6 hour stretches at night.  I'm grateful for the sleep, but sorta worried that maybe it's not so good for my supply at this point.

What's your opinion? Let sleeping babies lie, or wake her after 3-4 hours?

~Amanda
Mom to Lily Gayle 4.25.06 Charlotte Kathleen 3.27.09 Samuel Thomas ~8.4.12~
Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: STTN at 4-5 weeks?

• IMO - unless she is experiencing weight gain issues let her sleep.  Your supply will adjust.

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• imageluvmagoldn:

IMO - unless she is experiencing weight gain issues let her sleep.  Your supply will adjust.

Ditto.  Enjoy the rest!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickerscharlatti's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Loading the player...
  • Same thing happened to us and I would wake LO up!!  At @ 7 weeks, DH told our Midwife and she just laughed at me and told me to let LO sleep, clearly he was eating enough during the day.  So I did and he went to sleeping 6 hours in the night to at about 9 weeks sleeping 12 hours and 5 months later its still the same!!  Congrats- you have a great sleeper!
  • P.S- as for supply issues, I just pumped before I went to bed at 9pm and then again when I woke up.  I did notice if I didn't pump at 9pm I might have a low day the next day but when I started pumping again it went back up (I breastfeed but pump when I'm at work).
  • Let her sleep and enjoy!  I am jealous!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"