Infertility

~JustsayJo~

I peeked into your post below and saw that you've been at and may be going back to Cornell. ?I'll be seeking second opinions soon and I was looking at NYU and Cornell. ?Why did you pick Cornell and what are your opinions??

I live in Ct and work in Manhattan and I think I may end up talking to whoever is more convenient.?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ~JustsayJo~

• Hey! Well I had done one failed IVF at RMA and I wanted a lap, and they wouldn't do it. Saw Spandorfer at Cornell, another nestie was going to him, and he recommended a lap first thing. So even though it was an out of network facility, I switched. I think they are "the big guns" of the east coast and felt I needed that too. I like them, though in my particular case and recommendations from them, I'm feeling a bit like a science experiment. If I could afford it, I wouldn't even hesitate going back. Out off all 4 REs I've spoken to, I like them the best.

They arent convenient though, being all the way on 70th and York. I work in Manhattan too and ran up a lot of cab bills! They have monitoring in Mt Kisco though, which might be easy for you depending where you are.

I haven't been to NYU but from all I've heard, they are similar in quality. I also follow Dr Licciardi's blog religiously!

I hope you get some good advice and move fwd successfully! Let me know if you have other questions, happy to help

• Thanks for the information - I'm starting to feel like a "big guns" kind of case myself. ?I'm thinking NYU may end up being a bit more convenient since they have a Greenwich satellite office, Mt Kisco is a bit out of the way for me. ?I have another question for you, did you always see one RE? ?My current RE's office only has 2 doctors and we end up seeing whoever is on that day. ?We've had some concern that details were getting lost in the shuffle, I doubt any office gives you the individual care that we'd prefer but I thought I'd check with you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • You always see the doctor on call, and there are about a dozen or so REs. They all consult with each other at the end of every day, and I do believe you get the benefit of all the REs there. It's definitely not as nice as always seeing your own doctor though. My first Cornell IVF I didn't see my RE once. I never felt any details were lost in the shuffle once I started stimming though. Getting all the paperwork in order and starting was a little hectic for me, mostly because I didn't understand their process, but a little persistence and patience made it all work out fine.

I'm sure NYU is very similar to Cornell. They're very high quality and I think have the same process,  you see the RE on call, and they consult at the end of each day.

Sorry you're coming into the "big gunner" camp :-/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"