Georgia Babies
Options

What could this be?

Gavin had a fever all night.  I alternated tylenol and motrin to keep it under control- it was still 99-100 all night but that's fine with me.  But now, no fever.  He's happy and playing and eating well.  I am just baffled.  Normally I would just wait it out and figure that his body was fighting it off- but since we have the appointment already and I'm home from work, might as well go.  Any idea what this might be? 

Re: What could this be?

• Options
    How about his teeth?
  • Options
    That's what I was going to say, is he teething? Finn gets a low grade fever at times with teething and it goes as quickly as it comes!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, I have thought he was working on molars for a while but he's never gotten a fever from teething before.  I mean it, he's just not a fever kid.  It's so frustrating b/c I never know when he's really sick or not. 

• Options
    I think molars are a whole nother ball game :)  At least for me they have been. 
  • Options

Teething or virus!

• Options
    Its probably a virus.  More symptoms may follow.  P had a fever from her shots but then a couple days later started with the cold symptoms.  Also, a couple months ago she spiked fever and was crying uncontrollably like she was uncomfy and then she started a rash.  It was Roseola, which seems to be making the rounds.
  • Options
    my guess is teething too. hunter had no issues at all with any teeth, but as soon as those molars started coming in, he had one day that he ran a slight fever, and the next day it was gone.
    Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
  • Options
    He probably has a viral infection.  Maggie had a 104 fever yesterday afternoon and today it is 102.5.  I think it is a 24 hour thing.  If gavin only had a fever of 99-100 (which the drs don't consider it a fever till 100.8) the whole time than I would say teeth, but you really shouldn't get a above 102 with teeth.  I am not a Dr just from my experience that is what I know.  If he gets a rash after a fever it is a viral infection.  I hope he is feeling better.  It sucks to hav e a sick kid with all this swine talk!
  • Options
    See my answer in your post below.  Mystery virus going around. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"