Pregnant after 35
Options

Failed One Hour Glucose

Now I have to go in next week for the Three Hour test. I drank the orange drink on an empty stomach so my midwife thinks that may have something to do with it, but I'm nervous.

Is it common to have to retake this test?

Re: Failed One Hour Glucose

• Options

Aww... sorry to hear that. Sad

My OB said to drink the glucola on an empty stomach so I'm not sure if it had anything to do with it. I go for mine on May 11th and I'm praying I pass.

Hope your 3 hour test goes better. Good luck!

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options

:(

That's no fun. I hope your 3 hour goes better. I was told to eat a normal breakfast with mine but not to anything super sugary, like a Red Bull, or a big ol cinamon bun.

GL!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had mine done late in the afternoon like 5:30pm.  I was given the stuff 1 wk in advanced and on the day of my appt I put it in the fridge at work and drank it 30mins before my appt.  I ate a good lunch that day so that may be a factor.  I passed mine surprisingly.  GL on the 3hr one.
  • Options
    I had to re-do it with my first preg.  No one told me not to eat Oatmeal Cream Pies before going to take the test!  No worries!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry you failed your test! I took mine on an empty stomach as it was in the morning and I didn't have time for breakfast before, so I doubt that is the reason.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    PeskyPesky member
    Yes and I passed the 3hr.  It's more common to fail the 1 hr than you might think!  Although I'll warn you the 3 hr is no picnic.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options
    Sorry you failed the 1 hour test. I failed it, but passed the 3 hour with all of my numbers right smack in the middle. The 3 hour drink is twice the strength of the 1 hour drink (blech). I brought a book - the worst part is the 3 hours of your life you'll never get back. That being said - it's an important test so you can address GD if you have it - that was my mantra when I was stuck there.
  • Options
    I failed the one hour and passed the three hour.  I was working on a needlepoint project so time flew by.  With each blood draw I kept reminding myself that there are people out there who go through this and much worse every day.  I bet you pass this time.  I think it is pretty common.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"