Breastfeeding

EBF moms of 4-5 month olds - pumping volume?

I EBF my DD 99% of the time and pump/feed expressed BM in bottles one night a week while I'm at work. I used to be able to pump 6-8oz each night after her last feeding but lately I've been getting 2-3oz. Is my supply regulating or dropping? She seems content - sleeps 12 hours a night (one feeding after 7 hours or so) and has more than enough wet/dirty diapers. How much should I be pumping after DD eats? (I know it varies...) TIA!

Re: EBF moms of 4-5 month olds - pumping volume?

• I'm good if I get half an oz.
  • I can't answer the how much question because I hardly ever pump (DS refuses to take a bottle) but I was just thinking that maybe one reason you're pumping less than before because DD is eating a lot more now.  Maybe try pumping longer to see if you get a second wind?
  • Loading the player...
  • If I try to pump soon after DS eats I usually get about 1-3oz from both sides combined.  I have no supply problems.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageLotte134:
    If I try to pump soon after DS eats I usually get about 1-3oz from both sides combined.

This.

• I am the same as you and I am trying to build my supply now because I am working more... hard to do when you pump 2 oz...
  • I used to get 3-4 oz when dd took a bottle at night, now I'm only getting 1-2 oz. She seems happy and content during the day, sttn, and seems satisfied if I feed her at night, so I thought it had something to do with my supply regulating and not overproducing like I did for a long time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"