Washington Babies

6 potential swine flu cases in WA

Which makes me sweat a bit ( info on komotv.com ) because DH works at Harborview and is susceptible to it. I will say that I'm sure they'll use extra precautionary measures if indeed it is swine flu.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 6 potential swine flu cases in WA

• and now its at a level 5...ugh
    A girl from my high school is supposed to be getting married in a few days in Cancun and its definatley putting a damper on the wedding plans, her one and only sister is her MOH and has 2 baby girls...she's extremely nervous about taking them down and there is a good chance she is going to have to miss the wedding :(
  • imageLuvBug12683:
    and now its at a level 5...ugh
    A girl from my high school is supposed to be getting married in a few days in Cancun and its definatley putting a damper on the wedding plans, her one and only sister is her MOH and has 2 baby girls...she's extremely nervous about taking them down and there is a good chance she is going to have to miss the wedding :(

Sad! 

• Loading the player...
  • I've been keeping an eye on these stories and now I'm wondering if I should be worried or taking extra precautions. I'm a first timer and have no idea what I'm in for. Normally I wouldn't be as concerned but being that I'm pregnant, I don't know what to think. HELP!
  • I'm starting to get really freaked out about it.  Almost to the point that I don't want to leave the house.  (Hey, I can have groceries delivered!)

Keren-One of my best friends was supposed to go on an all-girls leave the kids and hubbies behind trip to cancun this week.  Apparently, their flight was canceled down there and now they are going to Palm Springs.  She is soooo bummed!

~Susan Mommy to H 08.07.06, and G 10.11.08, m/c(d&c) 08.10.05 13wks image
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Pregnancy blog
  • imagekimberly.kent:
    I've been keeping an eye on these stories and now I'm wondering if I should be worried or taking extra precautions. I'm a first timer and have no idea what I'm in for. Normally I wouldn't be as concerned but being that I'm pregnant, I don't know what to think. HELP!

Definitely avoid crowded public places, especially public transportation, and wash your hands a ton (and/or get some hand sanitizer to carry around with you). ?You never know who has touched railings, etc. before you.

DH recently had Type A Influenza (of the non-swine variety) and they prescribed Relenza. ?When I got what he had (though it was never lab tested to diagnose) my OB said no flu drugs for me. ?Relenza, Tamiflu, etc. are category C drugs. ?There are no solid studies/data on how they affect PG women and/or their babies.

• imagescarletii:

Keren-One of my best friends was supposed to go on an all-girls leave the kids and hubbies behind trip to cancun this week.  Apparently, their flight was canceled down there and now they are going to Palm Springs.  She is soooo bummed!

I just saw on cnn.com that they are advising people not to travel to Mexico if you can avoid it....this totally sucks!

• ughh.... avoid  public transportation, and crowded public places...... we're going to Disneyland next week! 

Airplane and airport= public transportation

Disney shuttle= public transport

Disneyland itself= crowded public place

I'm not the worry-wart type about this type of stuff, but lately, it's all you hear about!  ugh.....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I wasnt too worried about it til it hit me that DH could bring home the virus from work ( could be a longshot too ). I told him to bring home masks as a precaution lol hahahahaha

but seriously, Keren, it's the beginning of end, you know what i'm sayin

• I'm with Susan, I don't want to leave the house! We are also avoiding malls, walmart etc. I'm cutting down on large-group playdates, and just hanging with friends. I wish I could spray Lysol on random stranges if I see them coughing and coming my way.!
  • Frak! It's going to be crazy at work. Every shmuck with the sniffles is going to come in thinking they have swine flu.

I have to take public transportation to work so I'm SOL there. We have tickets to the Mariners this weekend and I was really looking forward to it but DH wants to skip it.

• Yes it is very scary. I whiped down my desk here at work yesterday with disinfectant wipes and keep my hand sanitizer in my bag and use it all the time.  I was thinking of going to the Kids and Coffee place but those are off the list for right now. Lots of germs there.

Oct 2011 3 1/2 years old.
    Robert Williams Birth date 5/16/2008
  • imageAnnetteWalker:
    I was thinking of going to the Kids and Coffee place but those are off the list for right now. Lots of germs there.

I was thinking of going there, too, but maybe the park is a better idea!

~Susan Mommy to H 08.07.06, and G 10.11.08, m/c(d&c) 08.10.05 13wks image
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Pregnancy blog
  • Well I am feeling worse and worse about this thing too! Two people I work with (I work at a nursing home with tons of germs. Luckily I was my hands religiously here and have hand sanitizer at my desk as well) just came back from Mexico. So, just a little worried because like IHHM said in PP, can't really take much for it because no studies out there. And on top of things I am getting sick because DS got sick at school UGH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"