North Carolina Babies

Creative Correction Suggestion

I think I've mentioned that my Brunch Bunch group is reading through the book Creative Correction?by Lisa Whelchel. I really like this book! This week our chapter is all about toddlers & preschoolers (very useful for this "season" of parenting!). I was reading through some of her suggestions and thought I'd pass one along...partly b/c it may be useful since I've heard a few people mention this, but mostly because I find it hilarious & totally?something I would do!

"If your little one balks at holding your hand while in a parking lot or crossing the street, give him a choice. Remind him, "I can either hold your hand or hold your hair." Independence isn't quite so appealing on those terms."

Re: Creative Correction Suggestion

• I love that!  I may need to check out that book.  I'm definitely not sure how to handle all the toddler stuff yet! :)
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ha!  That sounds like something I would do too.  I remember I used to offer my neice ice cubes to eat if she didn't want what I made for her.  I need to read that book, because Eli is a pistol!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Love it! I may have to check out this book sounds like a good read!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"