Houston Babies
Options

Daycare - Recommendation in W'lands & general question

I'm new to Houston / The Woodlands.  I am 22 weeks pregnant.  I will be going back to work after the baby arrives (my job is why we moved here) and wondering if anyone has any daycare recommendations for the Woodlands area?  I work in the greenspoint area so anywhere in between actually would work.

Also - Do daycares around this area generally have a waitlist?  How long in advance do you need to secure a place / look for daycare?

Thanks for your help & replies!

Re: Daycare - Recommendation in W'lands & general question

• Options

Congrats on your pregnancy and welcome to TW!

I don't have personal experience with daycares in this area, but I can tell you some word of mouth I've heard.  I have a good neighbor friend who has her two children at The Primrose School in Sterling Ridge.  Her daughters are 4 years old and 9 months old.  For the most part I think she's been pretty happy with the school, although I've heard her mention high teacher turnover before. 

Another friend uses Stepping Stones and had good things to say about it.  I think at least one if not both of the Stepping Stones schools are accredited preschools. 

I don't know about waitlists.  The best thing to do is to call and ask a few of them.  I've not heard of waiting lists for the daycares so much as I've heard of waiting lists for the really good preschools, like Paddington and Children of The Woodlands.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"