Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Has anyone had a glider tip over?

I figured you ladies have used your gliders more than the 3rd tri ladies...

DH and I bought a Dutailier glider over the weekend.  It's a regular one (not upholstered), so it's not terrifically heavy.  (We bought the Dutailier Grande.)

DH set it up for me yesterday, and I loved it and was sitting in it.  I had it reclined (not all the way), then I leaned forward to look at my foot which was on the ottoman.  As I leaned forward, the chair slipped out from under me (it flipped over so that it was facing the floor), and I landed on the floor.  Absolutely scared me to death.

Now I'm worried -- if I fell like that while holding a baby, it could be really bad.  Has anyone else had their glider tip them out like that?  Do I just need to be careful never to lean forward unless I've locked it?  (It does have a locking feature to help you get out, but since I was just leaning forward, not getting out, it didn't even occur to me to use it.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Apparently the doll needed a time out... image

Re: Has anyone had a glider tip over?

• I have a Shermag glider from BRU.  It does this a little bit....you just have to be careful with it.  I haven't actually fallen with it though. I don't blame you for being scared!!
  • i have the same glider and I LOVE it.  I haven't had it tip over but I read one review where the person complained about that so I always get up slowly.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have the same glider but never had that problem, I rarely make the effort to lock it before getting up.  I'd call the manufactor to see if they have any recommendations
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"