Pregnant after 35

Itchy Ta Tas! :(

Okay - this might be TMI - but my boobs are itching like crazy!  I was scratching them so much yesterday that I actually broke some blood vessels!  And the sucky part of it is that while I'm scratching them, I get that brief moment of relief which is then quickly replaced by "OW - my boobs are sore!".  It's a very fine line...

Can any of you recommend a really good moisturizing lotion for the girls?  The areola area is getting so dry they are flaking (again, TMI -sorry!).  I've been using some of my smelly lotion in the interim (which DH just LOVES watching me rub the lotion onto the girls Big Smile..) but that lotion is more about the smell than the overall moisturizing effect.

Sorry - and THANKS!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Itchy Ta Tas! :(

• Carla,

I used a Vaseline lotion that helped with the itching and dryness. And it didn't irritate my nipples.  I also have Burt's Bees Mama Bee belly butter?I use it on my belly AND my boobs. Helps with the dryness.

Hope you get some relief.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • I think I would rather mine itch than this current feeling that daggers are sticking out of them...
  • Loading the player...
  • I had the same thing, I used Palmers Coco butter, I would also recommend not taking hot showers/baths( I did) that dries your skin even more.  you may also want to try not drying yourself when you finish taking a shower, leave you skin damp and apply baby oil, or whatever you will use to help seal in the moisture in your skin.  I've had serious skin issues with this pregnancy and have found this works the best.
  • forgot to mention I currently use Nivea lotion for dry skin, works wonders.
  • I have used Curel with every pregnancy and it has worked wonders. This time I'm using the special Curel for Pregnancy and Motherhood. I rarely ever feel itchy and my skin which is very sensitive doesn't break out from it either. It is amazing. I measured the size of full term twins with my last pregnancy at 36 weeks (thanks to the polyhydroamniosis) and did not get a single stretch mark! I know some of that is just inherited, but based on what I have seen of my mother and my sister - I can thank the Curel for my lack of stretch marks!
  • I use the mama mio line.  It's expensive I will admit but I have had so many ppl recommend this to cure the itchies as well as avoiding those stretch marks. So far so good!
  • I use L'Occitaine Ultra Rich Body Bream with 25% Shae Butter.  This stuff is amazing.  It heals any type of dryness you may have. 
  • This may up the ante on your TMI, but now that I've begun to leak colostrum I just use that.  It really works.  :)
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • LOL Peppernut.

I was going to recommend Lanisoh cream for your nipples. I used it while nursing and it was great.

I actually am having a reaction to Palmer's this pregnancy and it's making me itchy so had to cut that out and am just using Eurcerin.

• I've had that.  It sucks.  DH said he would scratch them for me!  Confused  You got to love men!
    Baby #1: 19 cycles, failed IUI, and 1 + IVF 3-5-07
    Baby #2: 12 cycles, 1 failed FET, natural miracle but m/c at 9 weeks then another natural miracle that stuck! 9-30-09

TTC #3 - 4 cycles - no BFP yet!
  • Mine were so insanely itchy there were times I took my bra off at work.  My Dr. suggested Benadryl Gel. It works practically on contact.  The itching is caused by hormone changes so lotion won't work.  I put it on daily - it works on the belly as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"