High-Risk Pregnancy

Pregnant "friend" vent

I seem to be doing a lot of venting these days so I want to apologize in advance for that! Background: my DH has a friend that got married in August after knowing the girl for 6 months. Shortly after getting married he "lost" his job (quit going). So what is the logical thing to do? Spend October getting KU, knowing that neither of them has health insurance! They were PLANNING this. So anyway, I wish no harm on them, they're just a couple of idiots, she's only 21 after all. So she's about a month behind me due date wise. And she asked me last night..."so how EARLY will they let you have him? I'm really hoping to go early, I'm so jealous that they are letting you deliver early!"

UM WTF you horrible, ignorant girl! I don't want to go early! I want to keep Jackson in there as long as possible! But of course me, having insurance and my husband and I both having steady jobs and being 26 and well prepared for this baby...of course I am the one having BP problems that would warrant the need for an early delivery. It just feels so unfair. I don't wish this on her or anybody else, I'm just frustrated that people can be so ignorant and say such stupid $hit. I put her in her place though. There's a plus side to being pregnant and on bed rest...you can pretty much say whatever you want and nobody gives you a hard time for it!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pregnant "friend" vent

• She's just ignorant and probably wasn't thinking at all. That said, this would drive me completely nuts as well. The main comment I keep getting lately is "your SOO Lucky to be on bedrest, I wish I could lie around all day". I try not to let it bother me so much, esp when its from people who don't know me or the situation well but when its coming from one of my good friends who (should) know how stressful this whole thing has been.....well yea, I kinda want to lose it too!

Anyway, dont let her bother you!

• Oooh that comment would bug me too! DH let that one slip, something to the effect of, "well you're not working all day..." man I let him have it. You're right though, she was just not thinking. I will try not to let that sort of stuff bug me. I think I should just go sit in the glider in my LO's nursery with a book and relax today! Instead of letting all of these little things chip away at my (up to now) optimistic attitude! Thanks for the support Big Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • This is a huge pet peave for me too... I had my son at 27 weeks am pregnant again and have said many times I want to go to 40 weeks... other ladies are like - no you don't... you've never been there and you have no idea how miserable you will be... My answer is ALWAYS - really, no matter how uncomfortable I am I will not be miserable if it means I have a healthy baby - who gets to come home from the hospital with me and does not have to spend 2.5 months in the NICU.... Given the choice, I would gladly go 40+ weeks. I promise!!  The reality is, I will probably never see that length of a pregnancy but it KILLS me when people tell me they want to go early... now, when you are within a week or so, I get it - I will jump on the bandwagon and say - come on out little one!!!  I can imagine that it is miseable to be super pregnant...
  • she's just an ignorant fool- i understand how you feel though!

I thank God every day i was able to keep my son in almost to my due date even though I was on bedrest for PIH and he came out at a healthy weight.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"