High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Any of you Ladies do CVS?

Hello -

I am considered high risk because of my age, 39 and I have epilepsy and have had two miscarriages due to chromosonal abnormalities.  I am leaning towards doing CVS rather than waiting for the amnio.

Was wondering if any of you have had CVS and how did you make your decision to do so?

Thanks in advance

Re: Any of you Ladies do CVS?

• Options
    I had an amnio because the risk of miscarriage is much much lower.  Let me know if you have any questions about the amnio procedure--I would be happy to help!
  • Options
    I also had an amnio....that's just what was offered to me.  What s the difference between an amnio and a CVS?  I thought they were pretty much the same thing...I guess that's what I get for thinking.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did CVS at 11 weeks. You have to do it before 12 weeks so that may be why it was the only option.  I figured if I was going to miscarry it was going to happen anyway and given the doctor's concern with our baby's "abnormality," if I have ANY information, I'd rather have as much information as I can as early as I can. That's the main difference between CVS and the amnio; the chromosomal information will be the same. I also thought using a hole that is already there might be better than poking a new one... You shouldn't do any strenous/high impact activities directly following the CVS and you may have bleeding, I expect our results to be in this week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"