Adoption

Mother's Day & Father's Day???

Hey Ladies,

I had someone ask me the other day if I was planning on buying DH a Father's Day gift this year-which I thought was kind of odd-since we dont' even have placement yet-but her response was that since we are "paper pregnant" I should.  I hadn't given it much thought...so I thought I would check with you ladies.  Anyone planning on doing a Father's Day gift for DH?

Re: Mother's Day & Father's Day???

• If you have been matched, then I say go for it.  I wasn't pregnant during either of those holidays.  However, my friends who were pregnant on mother's day received gifts from the baby.  Same thing for Father's Day.  If you are "paper pregnant", then that counts!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • A couple books I read and at a workshop we had a few months ago, it was actually recommended that if you are "paper pregnant" and are waiting for a match or have already been matched that you celebrate mother's day and father's day. But this comes from the same philosophy that you should be open and have fun with adoption just as you would during a 'normal/healthy' pregnancy.

The other day I was joking (um well, I'm a handbag snob so I wasn't really joking) about designer baby bags that look like handbags but have more room and pockets and fit over stroller handles. Then we were looking at gifts for my mom for mother's day and then DH made a crack about how now he guessed he would have to buy me some bling for mother's day too.

Later that night he was trying to hide his lap top screen from me, but I saw him looking at coach and kate spade (my favorites) bags. SurpriseGift

So, hopefully, next mother's day ... I'll give you all an update on how well that bag held up Stick out tongue haha

• Loading the player...
  • Jacks: Does he need my address to send me a coach bag? Stick out tongue

We do not plan on celebrating. We are not to that point. 

Amie 

• We didn't do anything for mother's/father's day last year, but my mom sent me a nice card and gave me a small "mother" charm.  It was sweet, and totally unexpected.

For Christmas, my husband filled my stocking with "1,000 Things It Means To Be A Mom," and a couple of kids' card games, that he said could keep us busy when we are in Peru without him.  I was bowled over...and guess it sets the tone for this year.

Hmmm...what to get him?

• imageBurkeJax:

Jacks: Does he need my address to send me a coach bag? Stick out tongue

Amie 

I will add my name to the list for a coach bag! DH told me last night that I am getting a patio on the house for mother's day.  He then told me that is what I've always wanted.  He was joking.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagecrystalpopcorn:
    imageBurkeJax:

Jacks: Does he need my address to send me a coach bag? Stick out tongue

Amie 

I will add my name to the list for a coach bag! DH told me last night that I am getting a patio on the house for mother's day.  He then told me that is what I've always wanted.  He was joking.

Could he get me a petunia picklebottom one?  (as long as he is shopping for the board and all!)  I don't think we will celebrate it, I hadn't given it much thought, but since my paper pg could have the gestation of an elephant, I'm waiting for a match again before we celebrate. 

• imageTTCgradstud:
    but since my paper pg could have the gestation of an elephant

OMG!  That's exactly what I always say.  And now my husband has morphed it to "the gestation period of a platypus," because no one knows what the gestation period of a platypus actually is.

• Hmm, I haven't thought about myself, but we'll be spending Mother's Day with birthmom, if the baby hasn't arrived yet. (This is her request.)

Since my mother died 5 years ago, I've dreaded Mother's Day with a passion.  The last couple of years with no mother + infertility have been real pity parties!  But I'm looking forward to the ones in the future!

• jacksjerseygirl - Add me to the Coach list, too!  (Or the Petunia Picklebottom one, or the Kate Spade one...I'm not picky!)

:)

kmkaull - I think that's nice that you'll be with the baby's birthmom.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageCaptainSerious:

And now my husband has morphed it to "the gestation period of a platypus," because no one knows what the gestation period of a platypus actually is.

LOVE THIS!!!!  I'm going to start saying I'm platypus pregnant!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"